***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Worse Mitsu Dealer ever

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:33 pm

noodles wrote:SUTTONS MITSUBISHI in ARNCLIFFE
Drove to sydney city mitsubishi 10min drive away
and got new lancer with alloys for less than the ex-demo at sutton mitsu

p.s i'm asian aswell so wasn't being racist before
that salesman was a CÜ*T
I'm NEVER GOING NEAR SUTTON MITSU EVER AGAIN!!!

I guess it's not so much the dealership but the sales clown.

I was passing past SydCity and thought I'd pop in and see if/when they physically have the MY10s. So I have a look at the VRX, it's an MY09, go inside, politely start chit chat ask a few questions. Sales guy tells me the MY09 & MY10 are no different, I correct him, telling him the Fosgate is now standard and more powerful and a few of the other enhancements. He didn't like that. Which he retorted, "Oh only by 40W". I correct him on that too.
He then started getting defensive, and then starting quizzing me why I wanted a MY10 over an MY09 and Mazada3SP25 and asked "What price do I want to buy a car at?". I thought "oh here we go, trying to get me to reveal my hand first".
Being naturally a smartass, I answered his question with a question, "That's a bit opened ended don't you think?". He then goes on about, how I should know my price point being that "I know everything about the MY10 VRX, before Mitsu dealers, yadada rant". So I then said "Hmm, invoice price." He looked a bit stunned, and starred at me intently and said "I don't even know invoice price! Do you know invoice price? If you can find out invoice price, I'll sell it to you at invoice price!" i looked back at him and said, "I'm sure I can find out!", with a very nasty smirk on my face. He then imploded and told me to piss off and he stormed off into his showroom. I chuckled and walked off. Best afternoon ever. :)
Needless to say that sales man is not getting my time again, I'll make a point to point that out to him when I am chatting to his colleagues the next time I'm done with them.
so what other amusing "run-ins" or attitude have others had with dealers? This is certainly my first "rude" one, the others I had were just smart asses, but I can handle that.

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:39 pm

i found suttons mitsu quite good i mean i got a totally different dude who was young and wanted to sell the cars on the lot
my cuz also got him and has bought 2 lancers of them so i guess its how u come accross or is they are having a bad day
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:34 pm

mitch.honey wrote:i found suttons mitsu quite good i mean i got a totally different dude who was young and wanted to sell the cars on the lot
my cuz also got him and has bought 2 lancers of them so i guess its how u come accross or is they are having a bad day

TBH, bad day or not, at the end of the day a sales person should not conduct themsevles that way. What it boils down to is the sales person is the one that makes a living from selling cars, it's in their own interest to make a sale and at least pretend to be pleasant.
That simple tantrum, has me thinking, if the dealership keeps people like that on their books, what are they like with after sales service and the like. Do they show the same contempt? And that's the point it takes on bad apple in a dealership to make all the rest of the sales people from that dealership looks the same. I will probably go back when finalising pricing against other dealers, but not that salesman. :)

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 pm

ask for robert james thats who i use
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”