***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

10MY Lancer

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 am

Beast.... they would have known I am sure. They would get bulletins regarding the new models and the urgency to move the old stock.

It is quite common that the next years model launches at this time of the year.

I guess you just can't trust a car salesman ;)

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:33 pm

I am intrigued about the RF upgrade... I wonder what they have changed/done to make it 750w.

As for RA, I think new wheels would be the best way to facelift a model. Makes it more appealing without hurting resales or existing owners.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:42 pm

In addition boys, Mitsubishi will be launching a model just between the ES and the VR called the RX.

The RX is based on ES models with additional specification. Similar to how the platinum was a mark up of the VR awhile ago. The RX will be available both in Sportback and Sedan with either manual or automatic transmissions. They are limited to a total of 3000 units.

Specification changes (on top of a 10MY ES)
- 16" alloy wheels as per a VR
- Low rise rear spoiler for sedan and regular sportback spoiler
- RX badge

It will be marketed at $500 more than a regular ES
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 am

Bah, that will make my life harder to sell my VR rims now :(

:P One dealer I spoke to said the 2010 wasn't coming in till december. I assume this is false?
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:09 pm

There is a member on here with a MY10 model now, so they are spinning you BS to get you to buy a MY09 right now.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm

The MY10 models were built in Aug. So yes they're on their way to the distributors now. If he tells you December, he's being an idiot.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:There is a member on here with a MY10 model now, so they are spinning you BS to get you to buy a MY09 right now.

That's half right. The ES MY10s are out and being delivered to customers. The VR & VRX, MMAL are holding back on distributing the MY10s as they still plenty of MY09 on hand and want to get rid of that first. Which makes sense, if they distributed the MY10s the MY09's price would drop.
I asked one dealer again today about VRX MY10 and MMAL has pushed back (again) delivery to the dealership to 01/11 - they even showed me the manifest! :( might change if the VR & VRX MY09 volumes are depleted quicker.

The other thing I have found out is MY10 is not being offered with sunroof, sunroof only available on Aspire models from now.

Also "official" marketing/sale start date for the RX, VR & VRX is Sept 15th.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:47 pm

So apparently Mitsu is going posh. Normally unseen in Jap cars but more in European ones, a central locking switch is going to be integrated in the new 10MYs.

I'm not so bothered since the driver door latch can also lock up and it's not that far away... .

Plus the fact that mine has the auto folding function button on my mirror adjust console so not too bothered.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 pm

I have noticed other markets have that switch.

I myself see it as pointless, as like you say ofey, the door lock above the handle does EXACTLY the same thing and its 200mm away...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 am

My car locks the doors automaticly =)

It will be a handy feature anyway, My aunt cant live without the lock button on her camry lol
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:48 pm

The new instrument cluster can be seen on the mitsu website - its sort of like the outlander's one. more blue than red. The screen however still looks the same.

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Here is the new center console trim on the U.S. 2010 GTS models.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Hmm, looks similar to the ones we have ion the 09 models.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:51 pm

milobob wrote:The new instrument cluster can be seen on the mitsu website - its sort of like the outlander's one. more blue than red. The screen however still looks the same.

By the looks of it, it's the same as the MY09 Ralliart - The High Contrast meters.

milobob wrote:Hmm, looks similar to the ones we have ion the 09 models.

It's the same. We have had that since MY09, this time last year.

Scott_VRX_Fan
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Scott_VRX_Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:
Scott_VRX_Fan wrote:is there any pics on the new instrument cluster?

i hit the 50k mark on my car yesterday, so may look at upgrading the car now, rather than waiting till next year.

dont want to fit my exhaust and lower my car yet, if im going to upgrade it shortly :)

Won't make any money back on the mods, so wait till you get ur new ride. What are u upgrading to??? RA, X?

i was seriously looking at the ralliart, but to be honest, the km's i do at the moment, i dont want the cost of a RA, its a waste.

i will probably change the car every 2 or 3 years at this rate, if i remain at the company i am with at the moment, unless things change drastically i cant see it changing anytime soon ... however something closer to home would be cool.

i currently have a VRX and more than likely will look at the VRX or Aspire.

not fitting my mods at the moment, until i make a decision on what im doing.

would love the RA, but i dont think, doing arond 40,000kms a year, is a great way of going about it, cosidering running costs etc... but the thing is for me, having now driven a VRX for around 40,000kms there isnt really much more i want out of the lancer.

if i wasnt doing as many kms a year, id go a RA in a heartbeat, but for now, i really like the look and drive of the VRX so pretty much going to stick to it.

im more interested in the general uprade of the car, and get sat nav, but im waiting to actually see the new model in person ... and what deal can be done.

otherwise i will just stick to the effects grey vrx i have now :) even though i have a real thing for the silver model now :-)

more than likely, if i upgrade it will be for a Cool Silver Aspire or Cool Silver VRX.

but its all about the $$$ - if its not right for what i want to do, i will stay with what i have :)
Mods Completed
ANZ Tazer 18" Wheels, Rear LED Tailights, GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit Suspension 1.2" Front 0.8" Rear

Mods To Be Completed
Front Bumper Upgrade

Mods in Development
Brembo Brakes, Rear Wing, Bonnet, Inbuilt Sat Nav

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”