***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

On your phone while driving? That's a $433 fine (VIC)

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Sven247 wrote:My mate was cruising through Newtown 1 day and said the light was red, he picked u his phone for 2-3 seconds? to look at the time and he noticed a guy standing on the st with a walkie talkie looking straight at him, after he passed that guy some copper out of nowhere pulls him over and gives him a fine for Using his phone So beware Sydney siders!!!!

That's awesome, I wish they'd do that up here!

Or, policemen can just ride around on the bus. To be honest, when I'm sitting on the bus and a car goes past where the driver is not using a phone in some manner is when I am surprised.

I don't know if everywhere else is as bad as Brisbane but I can honestly say when I'm on the bus in peak hour more than half of drivers are using a phone. Once there was a guy playing one of those stupid connect-4 type games, while driving the whole way up the road! I tried unsuccessfully to video him on my phone.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 pm

i consider this to be more dangerous than a low range alcohol reading and the penalty mirrors that sentiment.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 pm

This I agree with, but there still isn't enough policing which is why many people still get away with it.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 am

Nobody should be allowed to use phones while driving.. unless you have Bluetooth don't do it.. makes me really angry when I see people texting or have to overtake someone because they are swerving or driving under the limit because they are on they're phone.. it isn't hard to pull over.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”