***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Someone sideswiped my baby!!

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Someone sideswiped my baby!!

Postby anzac_77 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Yesterday I was leaving work and noticed that some inconsiderate (insert whatever epithets you can, im sure i said them at the time) person had clipped my car and of course nobody has any balls to leave a note, so i'm left with the excess. they clipped both sides of the rear drivers wheel-arch (the arch is also now slightly out of shape, and a paint scrape on the bumper down to the black. It's lucky it didnt damage the door as well.

Anyone in Brisbane know of a reputable panel beater in the Eastern suburbs or inner city so I can get a few quotes? I've got a cruise in October so might have to wait until thats over before getting it fixed, it pisses me off that nobody in this world will accept responsibility for their carelessness.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 pm

i feel your pain, my car has been sideswiped once and reversed into once and both times nobody has balls enough to accept fault and leave a note.

so pissed both times.

on a side note i have seen accidents and people drive off and taken their license plate and left a note for the owner twice now, and then had to fill witness reports for insurance companies... lowlife cheap skates.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Where did it happen? Have you tried looking for security tapes?
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

cj_sx_2011
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby cj_sx_2011 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48 pm

yeah id ask to see in the area if there is camera's get them to pay

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:06 pm

No cameras... At least i have rating 1 for life n hire car so its just the pain in the arse paying $500 excess. Going to see if i can sweet talk whoever fixes it into touching up a coue of chips n scratches while they at it

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 pm

It's people these days. Just selfish and self involved in their own world. You see it in people's driving. As far as their concerned, THEIR time is more important and they HAVE to get there quicker.

so like hell, they're going to take ownership of their own cock up. Everyone looks to where they can flick the blame to. It's always someone else's fault or there are mitigating circumstances, I guess to make them feel better for their own cock up.

That's okay, Karma always gets them back. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 pm

There are two reasons why people won't leave a note.

1. They simply don't want to pay for the damage. Some can't afford it yet aren't responsible enough to be careful. Others also don't have licences and are afraid to get into more trouble.

2. While some people want to own up to their mistakes, they're afraid the other party might act violently and unreasonably harrass them even if they offer to pay for the damage. Some might even demand for a replacement vehicle when their own insurance doesn't cover a rental car and the other party can't give them any.

I was lucky enough when someone who hit my car at a restaurant came back and let me know about the damage. He gave me his details and stuff, and my car eventually got fixed by his insurance. The only hassle I had to go through was use Dad's car to work. At least I did not need to use my own excess for it. The guy seemed to be afraid of karma but was also a bit shaky when he was telling me about it, an example of the second scenario.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I misjudged a car park in Woollies a few months ago. Was a small scratch but left my details. Thankfully they got it fixed and sent me the invoice so didn't have to go through insurance. Stupid me changed my premium so it's $58 a month so my excess is $900 so I was fretting!
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm

ive had someone do a hit and run, whilst in traffic, was spewing hard, the cops said yeah all good heres your reference number etc insurance fuarked me around ended up having to pay for it

pacman79
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby pacman79 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm

I had a shall we say lady reverse into my car straight out of her driveway into my car directly accross the street said she didnt see it, damage was only minor so i said just give me $200 so no insurance then week later she changed her mind to go through with a claim. I never bothered going to the accessors didint want to go without my car for weeks just for a couple scratches, wish i had now . Story doesn't end there though about a month later she put the car into my uncles house reversing out her driveway, I got off light i guess :roll:

jmunro1
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jmunro1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 pm

i think that lady should really take some driving lessons haha

i have 2 dents in my car now from people both while i was at work first one was someone reversed into my car and cracked my back bar and put a small dint in my boot but cost me way to much on my excess to fix was a great Christmas present happen 2 days before Christmas. the second one happen a couple of weeks ago some one put a 10cm dint in one of my rear doors from a trolley.

people these days have no respect for other people belongings, where i work we have massive glass panel we can see out into the car park and the amount of crashed we see and near misses is horrible some people really need to learn how to drive, we would see a near miss atleast once a day and i have lost count on how many cars i have put license plate info on due to people driving away.

someday i just want to park and put something around where my car is park so no one and anything can come close to it i sick of my cars getting damaged why im working.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”