***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart/Mitsubishi dealer problems...

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:50 am

I don't trust Mitsubishi anymore. I had my timing chain replaced a month ago under warranty...... i drove the car home and when i moved it out of my garage in the morning, low and behold there was about 2 liters of motor oil all over my garage floor.

The response was to DRIVE it back to the service center for them to look at.

Apparently they just forgot to reseal the sump,, it no big deal they told me.

No i didn't drive it back, i got it towed as per our Diamond Advantage.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 am

I would want to know where the manager gets his evoX serviced.

I don't have an RA. But even with still having mitsi's warranty I take my Cj to a small privately owned mechanic j&s autocare in brendale. Joe and the boys are great up there and ive never had issues. My sister is customer service manager for a major ford dealership (principal owns 4 new car yards over Brisbane) and we bought my fiancés focus from them... Still take it to j&s. Warranty still valid.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

woodduck
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby woodduck » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Jake. I bought the car private off a guy in Melbourne. I didn't even think to call the local dealer to see if they could work on it...as id never come across that before (like i said, local subaru dealer isn't STi but can perform service and warranty work on the STis). And to be honest this is the first car I've ever owned with a warranty. I'm not bitching about the fact that they can't perform warranty work on my car. Thats not what this thread is about. Yes i find it an inconvenience...but i've come to terms with it. My problem is that they CAN do service work on it...but they refused and made up a big BS story. THATS my problem. They didn't tell me "sorry we do have the oils" or anything like that...they straight out said to me that "we can not perform the majority of the lube changes, you will have to take it to a RA dealer" which is a lie.

John- Never even thought of that:/ I made sure the lady told the workshop manager that it was the SST transmission that needed checking and he was going to call me if there was going to be any problems. I guess ill just talk to him directly on tuesday..or maybe even give him a call tomorrow.
And that actually is a very good point about them half draining it. I found it weird that there would be a loose hose when the entire gearbox was replace 5000ks ago, and they had done a service on it since then. Although i wonder how i would go if i could (somehow) get it to a RA dealer claiming warranty for the gearbox oil...if it was their bad gearbox replacement that made the oil leak...
And yeah i couldn't see how a hose could come loose and not drain the entire box :/

Seriously considering trading the RA in...its just not worth keeping if i have to take it 450-600 ks every 4 or 5 months for its service or warranty work......

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”