***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

How much is the new activ?

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

How much is the new activ?

Postby Ezza_1989 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 pm

How much is the new auto activ?

My sx got written off and my dealer told me he's going to push for an activ as this is closer to the sx. The sx was retail at $26,000 for an auto when I got mine...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Ezza_1989 wrote:How much is the new auto activ? My sx got written off and my dealer told me hes going to push for an activ as this is closer to the sx. The sx was retail at $26,000 for an auto when I got mine...

It all reeally depends what your agreed value/market value was at the time of the accident. Forget what the price was when you first got your original car. New cars of the same model are always coming down in price due to competiton and the fact they are dated. Newer cars are coming out with more bells and whistles, devaluing the existing ranges on the market. That's progress.

The SX is close to the Activ. At the end of the day your insurance provides for a replacement car within the agreed value. Check the specs of the Active, if your SX had any dealer extras thrown in, ask the insurance company to come good on those. like carpets, or a particualr style spoiler, etc. Does it really matter if the insurance company paid $1 for a legitimate new car to rreplace your old car. What do you care what it cost the insurance company, as long as you get a legitimate new car of the same trim/spec, is all that should matter to you.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 am

The way it was explained to me though, agreed or market value doesn't come into it. Its new for old, so they have to replace it with a new "comparable" model. Which should be the activ...considering the extras my sx had.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

Ezza_1989 wrote:The way it was explained to me though, agreed or market value doesnt come into it. Its new for old, so they have to replace it with a new comparable model. Which should be the activ...considering the extras my sx had.

Like I said the "$26,000" value quoted should not come into play. The concern here is that you get like for like, without being too sunstantially screwed over.
So back to your OP. What is the issue here? do you feel the Activ is not the same as your old SX or am I misreading something here... sorry if I've missed something....

ImageImage

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 am

No not your fault, mu insurance isn't being very clear. Basically I am more than happy with the activ, but I don't want an ES as its the base model and I dind't want the base model hence the sx (plus the sx had so much more) my concern is they are going to try and force me to take an es...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 am

Ezza_1989 wrote:No not your fault, mu insurance isnt being very clear. Basically I am more than happy with the activ, but I dont want an ES as its the base model and I dindt want the base model hence the sx (plus the sx had so much more) my concern is they are going to try and force me to take an es...

Well in that case, that's crap. Have a good read of your policy and any collateral you got as part of the original policy. Fine print is important. Also try and keep that dealer on side, sounds like he has his commission and sales target at heart (and i mean that in a good way) because he wants to sell an upgraded car! (It is sale in effect but the money is coming from your insurer instead). The insurance company will always want to get out of this the cheapest it can. Be firm but not a cow about it, read up on what your policy entitles you and dont let them bamboozle you into accepting something lesser because that's what their goal is. Get out of it as cheaply as possible. If they could settle by you accepting a skateboard, they would... would you be that silly? no...

ImageImage

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks Pete. My dealer is being very helpful. I have been on their backs every day about this and will be calling them tomorrow again....and no doubt they will ask the same questions again...as they never seem to take notes!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 am

Ezza_1989 wrote:Thanks Pete. My dealer is being very helpful. I have been on their backs every day about this and will be calling them tomorrow again....and no doubt they will ask the same questions again...as they never seem to take notes!
Best of luck. I know after your big smash, it's probably a very emotionally tumultious period trying to organise this and get a good outcome. Hang in there. :) Let us know how you go and dont be afraid to ask us for advice. :)

ImageImage

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 am

Thanks Pete :) I will

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 am

Ezza_1989 wrote:No not your fault, mu insurance isnt being very clear. Basically I am more than happy with the activ, but I dont want an ES as its the base model and I dindt want the base model hence the sx (plus the sx had so much more) my concern is they are going to try and force me to take an es...

Didn't someone on here have to take an ES with the pack with reversing sensors and that?

And anyway why do you have to take an ES or an Activ or whatever. There are still people on here buying new SXs. Guzzo picked up a new one last week but it doesn't have bluetooth for some reason. The dealer cited the tsunami apparently and the inability to get them from the factory. Maybe they should find one of those. Obviously there are still dealers who have them.

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am

There doesn't seem to be many Sx's here, but its new for old so it has to be a '12 model and they don't have any '12s.

No way am I taking an ES. I didn't get the base model because I didn't want a base model and as far as my car dealer explained, the closet "comparable"" model is the activ.

It would be silly for them to try give me an ES with all the extras I had on the sx (quite a lot) that would cost them more or just as much...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 am

SXLancerMum" Didnt someone on here have to take an ES with the pack with reversing sensors and that?[/quote]Yeah that was Dave bez3rk... he got a reverse camera and all that jazz..

[quote="Ezza_1989 wrote:
There doesnt seem to be many Sxs here, but its new for old so it has to be a 12 model and they dont have any 12s. No way am I taking an ES. I didnt get the base model because I didnt want a base model and as far as my car dealer explained, the closet comparable model is the activ. It would be silly for them to try give me an ES with all the extras I had on the sx (quite a lot) that would cost them more or just as much...
Get the insurnace company to give you an ES and add all the options on to the level you had on the SX or give you an Activ and add any missing spec/options. Be firm and calm and they should accomodate you. Like I said they will try and get out of it as cheaply as they can, they're a business not a charity. It's up to you to hold them to account. :)

ImageImage

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 am

Didn't know they were bringing the Activ back. The Platinum looks like an SX except with leather seats (with heaters) and reversing camera and sensors. No foggies and that. Puts it between the ES and the VR just like the SX was.

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Just to let you know, at this point it looks like I will be getting the Activ but I'll keep you guys updated

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Just to let you guys know I'm getting a 2012 Activ! :)

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”