***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Have you been labelled a girl for driving a lancer?

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am

I've always been complimented on how mean my Ralliart looks. Never heard of anyone refer to a Lancer as a girls car especially an Evo or Ralliart. Some people just think if your not driving some boat of a V8 your a girl.

P.S Love that car :)

rus7y
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby rus7y » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah but a ralliart is a lot different to the base model lol
2009 Lancer ES

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Most of the comments in the first half of that thread that I read seem correct... *noidea* i.e. when you start [s]modding[/s] accessorising a car you usually end up looking like a twat.

Can't see how the CJ is girly though? Previous shapes, yes, but I have always thought that a lot of the CJ's success lay in the fact that it was such a gender neutral car. If anything, its on the aggressive side - even the 2L.

Definately a bit of a young person's car though.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Miss Aussie wrote:[quote:d1152cc5fb=SXLancerMum][quote:6f44451526=Miss Aussie]Hi mumma J lol[/quote:6f44451526] Hi Caitlin hun :) How you surviving? You got that gearbox fixed yet?[/quote:d1152cc5fb] Good. Yourself? I miss your boy lol. But he rang me the other night. Nice 40 second chat. Nope, still waiting on mitsubishi to get the part in

I thought you might get a phone call :) I miss him too. Don't like this not being able to send him messages when I need to.

I just need to get someone to listen when I complain about my gearbox :(

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 am

I once saw a girl in a white RA sportback. I'm not sure if the car was hers but it would be quite cool if she indeed took interest in such a machine.

In spite of that, the Lancer CJ is by no means a girly car. I only know of Micras, Beetles, Excels, Accents and perhaps Mirages of old being labeled as ladymobiles.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Yesterday I parked my baby on the side of the road in a tiny, tiny place in the middle of nowhere and when I was wandering back to it I was studying it and I couldn't understand why anyone would think of it as a girly car. It looked aggressive and brilliant.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Bags wrote:I agree with the everyone car comment, I parked next to a stock ES the other day and was shocked at how different mine is now. I guess you get used to all the mods over time.

Yep, it's amusing to park beside even a stock Evo and think "hmm, my side mirror could almost slide under that one..." Hahahahahaha.

Momengah wrote:to be honest Ive never heard anyone call the Lancer a girls car before. its pretty neutral looking. Now a Micra is a girls car. Especially in Baby Blue. The guy i saw driving in it... it better be his girlfriends car, because the amount of soft toys in there was just... unbearable.

No. Baby Blue with pastel yellow racing stripes. *hurl*
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”