***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RIP Lancer :,(

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm

wow! good to see u had a decent car to save you! glad to see ur ok too!
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Erin, ditto on all the above comments.
I am pissed off just hearing your story.
NO Freakin excuse for running a red light, period let alone at that kinda speed. GGGRRRRR.

Which intersection did that happen at???
I see UR in Perth.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 am

It was at the intersection of morrison and roe in midvale.

I'm ok, just sore and bruised. Very scared to start driving again now :( I have two witnesses saying I had the green light, but another disagrees. I know I wasn't in the wrong but i'll have to wait now for the police report to see what they decide. Seriously sucks.

Insurance is assessing my car on the 9th...I'm with Allianz...anyone know what they are like? I was told if it was a write off that I would get a new one (new for old) but when I asked about changing the colour the girl said she wasn't sure. She said that they would try and find the best deal...really annoyed me because its my car and I'd like some input..I want to change the colour from Black to orange because i just dont think I could drive a black car ever again after that. I want something that stands out that people will see a mile away so I feel safe. So orange it is.

My car :(
ImageImageImageImageImage

Hers
ImageImage

My legs
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 am

Dav VRX wrote:Glad you are alright, mine accident wasnt as bad but was still written off
I thought you were going Subaru not an ASX according to Bernie. :P

@Ezza_1989 - glad it's bruising and not broken legs! I'm amazed the Lancer has absorbed and deflected the impact. That commodore with that crap paintwork, deserves to be at fault, even for that gastly paintwork flame motif on the bonnet.

I've not dealt with Allianz but that car is not going to be repairable.
As for colour choices, I guess it depends on what's available. Anything except white is a "metallic" paint so the cost is not going to be any different. White is going to be cheaper for them as it's a base colour and it's not metallic or pearlescent. So be patient with them. I'm sure they deal with many irate/emotional people, it would be a breath of fresh air if you requested in a calm way what you would prefer. I'm sure they will at least try and be a bit more accomodating if you did not become a horror customer. :)

I know how you feel and your initial trepidation to get back behind the wheel again. I know I was like that when I wrote off a car in 1997 in heavy wet weather, I'd prefer to defer trips until I got over that phobia. so take it easy, get some counselling if you need to. Half the issue is the "helplessness" that you feel towards the situation and the lack of control. With time you'll accept that there was nothing you could do to influence the outcome. Nothing worse that an "unconfident" driver, so I guess take it easy at first... and I bet you'll be taking the long way and avoiding that intersection for a bit until the bad memory of the experience subsides, that's only natural.

Best of luck and let us know how your claim goes. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 am

Just reading your update Erin...once again glad you're ok. I've dealt with allianz for my previous car...really nice Company ..just be patient. The local lady's name starts with D I think. She's the one who processes WA claims. ..needless to say I'm still with them. PM me if you need any advise...since its still a bit fresh to me. Good luck & wish you a speedy recovery.

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 am

PS. I was paid my claim in less than a week after my car was written off.

avolance
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby avolance » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:14 am

Holy smoke Erin, that's a heck of a smash. Glad to see your OK.

I'm pretty sure your insurance will write that off. My son's magna was involved in a front corner accident ( not anywhere near as bad though ) and they wrote that off, and within a fortnight they had paid up and he had another magna. He had a midnight blue car which is also very dark.

Don't stress over the color though, because even if you have bright yellow like my wife's CH lancer, you still get idiots that shoot through roundabouts and intersections without giving way, and I'm like thinking there is no way you didn't see me.

Anyway look after yourself and I hope it all goes well. :-)

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 am

Whoa!!! Certainly glad you're okay! That looks like it was a very hard hit! It's always a shock seeing fellow members rides getting smashed up like that. Even more so seeing the injuries!!! I really feel for you! :(

Thanks for putting up the pics. It's good to see how well our cars hold up to impacts, your car held up far better than what hit you!!

As mentiones before its good to see how the OEM dash mats work well with the passenger airbag. Also I think this is the first ever set to photos to see all the curtain airbags deploy as well as the front set.

Once again good to hear you're okay and hope you are recovering okay both mentally and physically. As others mentioned, theres no harm or shame to seek counciling, even confiding and chatting with friends can help too.

Even though your old lancer is no longer with you, it's last action it did was to save your life and it did a pretty good job of it :)
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

Glad to hear that you're ok and avoided serious injury. These lancers are built tough I guess. Hope everything goes well for the claim and such. Rest up and take it easy!

Sushi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sushi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

Wow amazing how well the lancer came off. Awesome news that you had no serious injuries.
I'm with Allianz n they were extremely helpful when my lancer got side swiped while parked out the front on my mums house.

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 am

Would love to see the clown who hit you thrown in jail but such a shame that those in the wrong can always find someone to argue a million reasons why they shouldnt be held accountable.

Glad to hear that physically you are ok, i agree with other comments, you should really talk to someone if you need to, its important not to let someone else's lunacy ruin your life

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Glad to hear you are ok :)

You may be able to request that the insurance company pays you out despite their new for old arrangement.

It all depends on which way works out the best, as their new for old should include all onroad costs too.

If you explain the reasoning behind why you want another colour they should accommodate...

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Hope it all goes well for you Erin & If you need someone to talk to about how you are feeling or you need any advice remember you have ClubCJ Friends Here *grouphug* ......

Regards Doreen :smile:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:58 pm

I hope you recover quickly physically and mentally.

A near death accident can take many years to fully recover from. As others have mentioned dont be scared to ask for help.

Insurance should allow you your choice of colour.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”