***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

First bit of damage on my Lancer :(

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

AshOz85
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

First bit of damage on my Lancer :(

Postby AshOz85 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 am

Belated morning folks,

I regret to inform everyone that this morning I did my first bit of damage to my silver rx.

I rolled into a car park which I saw had a dirty great big concrete gutter with a tree in it, and i managed to not stop short enough and pushed my RHS front bumper into the damn thing (just belew where the fog lights would be if i had them). Seriously felt like slow motion, followed by a large amount of F bombs coming out of my mouth.

Thing is i new i had to stop short, but didnt estimate correctly. We have had alot of rain in canberra and many of these concrete surrounded trees have alot of overgrowth on them, so you cant see where the concrete starts.

Damage isn't bad mind you, i think once i wash it properaly and get some touch up paint on it will remove any evidence of the scratch. But damn i was so annoyed.

Anyone else done this? wasnt a good feeling.

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 am

Had a similar thing happen to me one night, was at a gatho with a few mates and had my lancer parked in his driveway. Next thing I hear quite a loud bang and my car alarm starts going off, when I got out the front there was a golf ball rolling down the driveway and i took off after two guys, probably 15ish on their bikes but despite being a ex met runner couldnt catch them.
got back to see a nice round dent in my door, not happy :(

AshOz85
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby AshOz85 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 am

classic douche bag teens. no respect and too much time on their hands. "hey lets see if we can hit someones brand new car with a f-ing golfball".

bad rap dude, is the ding all fixed now?

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 am

yep know the feeling last new year had some smart arses decide to hit mine, it was parked at the servo where i used to work. came out when i finished and found my rear bumper pushed in and partly broken and a nice ding above my LH tail light HAPPY F...... NEW YEAR!!

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: First bit of damage on my Lancer :(

Postby The X » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

AshOz85 wrote:Belated morning folks,

I regret to inform everyone that this morning I did my first bit of damage to my silver rx.
Anyone else done this? wasnt a good feeling.

Like I've said before to others;
You "christened" her for many years of good driving and friendship. :D
Our first scrape/bump is always the biggest (not matter how minor the damage), everything else is just nothing. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 am

concrete bump stops in car parks are the pits. My gf found that out just after I lowered our VR. A nice graze on the rh lower bumper is the result. I would love to put a front lip on it but don't want to reduce the front clearance any more than it already is. any suggestions??

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 am

yeah these things happen and yeah they suck, 2 days after getting my car someone opened the door on my car :( but after that nothing else has happened *touch wood* Well nothing big anyone except for that stupid bird

kean
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby kean » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

About 1 month after I had my car, my neighbour's cat jumped and walked on the bonnet! Luckily the scratches were that not visible after I used ScratchX 2.0.

I taught the cat a lesson and hopefully it understands never walk on the red! lol :P

AshOz85
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby AshOz85 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:30 pm

haha yeah lads im hoping its just like christioning some new shoes (albeit much more expensive ones) and after that initial woopsey its like "ahh she'll be right" lol

Needless to say i started considering gettin an x factor replacement bodykit to put on afterwards. they seem well priced :)

Striker82
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Striker82 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 pm

That sucks Kean sorta wish that happened to my bonnet had the neihbours cat jump from the top of the lattice work in my car port onto my bonnet denting it :evil: If i had of got my hands on that feral well lets just say it would off been the last car it damaged

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:26 pm

The first one you crap yourself but after a while you find you skip the 'she be alright' phase and go straight to the 'f it' stage. I almost an expert at smashing up the Lancer, have brilliant record so far :lol:

It does get frustrating though when you know your chances arent good but you still hit something.

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:29 pm

AshOz85 wrote:classic douche bag teens. no respect and too much time on their hands. "hey lets see if we can hit someones brand new car with a f-ing golfball".

bad rap dude, is the ding all fixed now?

na its still there at the moment, planning on getting it fixed for christmas :D

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”