***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My RA is a write off and claim is under review

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Good to hear that's it's all falling into place. :)
At least you're not going to be out of pocket for an entire car's worth! :)
As for the rattles, I'm sure that would be reasonable to take back to the dealership as their workmanship should by top notch. They're charging $x amount for labour it should be done properly not half assed. Tho that depends on how nice the dealer is....
As for the MRT tuning.... if you had declared that as a mod, then it should be covered.... however at the end of the day if they knock tht back, just look at the big picture and be happy you were not out of pocket with no car to show at all...... best of luck, keep us posted.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dejan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

What goes around comes around.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm fairly certain that if an insurance company approves the repairs to a car, they have to make sure that the repairs are to the owners satisfaction. If that means that you take it back 3 or 4 times, then so be it. I had a small accident when someone ran into the back of me while I was parked at a set of lights. Obviously not the same as yours but I think the concepts remain the same. My repairs came with a lifetime guarantee. I believe 3 years supplied by the body shop and then lifetime by the insurance company (or the other way around).

In short, the insurance company get's a whote to repair a car from a body shop. If they approve it, it's up to the vody shop to complete the repair for that price. If they don't get it right the first time, the insurance company should chase them up to finish the job, as a part of their representation to you. If the body shop quoted too low, and are cutting into their profit margin by having to fix up bad repairs, then that's on them. The insurance company pays them the agreed amount, and you keep taking it back until you're happy.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Great to see they've stepped up to the table mate. Must a big relief.

Regarding the retune I doubt they would entertain a retune bill as tune cannot change (unless they reflash the ECU).

The only way I can see you may be able to push for anything like this is if you request a dyno session (power run) as your car feels slower now than pre accident. Then you push that the repairs were not done correctly or with the correct parts as the ECU tune cannot change so something mechanical must be wrong.

Hope this helps
Cheers
John

Jim G
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jim G » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:19 pm

25% off vehicle photoshoots for ClubCJ members!

http://codastudios.com.au

Chad_1990
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Chad_1990 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey Dejan, so glad to hear that your car is covered by insurance! To be honest mate I really didn’t think they would cover you at all let alone for 3rd party. So congrats! I’ve had a lot of help so far from all cj members so I could at least offer you some advice. I’ve just talked to my sister and this is what she reckons.

What happened with your mate is complete BS! NRMA warrants that whatever damage is done must be repaired so if he’s got a rattle in his car, they have to fix it. So your mate should call up NRMA again and tell them to fix it. If they say no again that’s when your mate makes a complaint about their service. He should also go to another repairer so they can say that the car is not completely repaired and get it in WRITING! If they haven’t rectified by then, then you tell them that you will take it to the ombudsman (and they will reverse their decision). But this is all very easy stuff to do, it’s not like they’re going to bring a lawyer on him or anything. But what they’re doing is going against their policy. So f@ck them!

Now with your problem. You have the choice to take it to your own repairer but this means they don’t have to warrant anything. They will pay for it but if you get a rattle they have no responsibility to fix it so you better trust these guys with your life! But if you go with NRMA’s repairer and they have to fix it to the original state. So you can always take it back for repairers if they haven’t fixed it completely and then go through the route that I said for your mate.

But with the tuning I’m not too sure. They can go either way. They do have to repairer the car to the original state but i guess they need some form of proof. So just give them a call and be pushy with these guys and let them that they have to fix this for you. Now that your claim has been successful they can’t threaten you with anything. So i would just be pushy with the tune, talk to whoever and if they say no then go to their manager and after a while they probably just give in. Since it isn’t that much money for them. So good luck mate and keep me informed with all this.

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm

There is no way you will get your car back in 3 weeks. It took 4 weeks for me to get 1 fender and bumper replaced and resprayed. Then I had to go back 3 or 4 times for things I wasn’t happy with.

I would call MRT and ask if they have had any similar cased in the past.
or even better call NRMA and ask not if but when they are going to have the modifications replaced. If it were me I would want the gaunt chart from the project manager responsible. lol

Think of it this way though, if they do a decent job your paint will be better than how it came from the factory. Thicker paint less stone chips.
Plus don’t be shy to call NRMA 10 times in one day. They have a lot of people working for them and should be happy to help.
RALLI//////ART

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:16 pm

If the motor and exhaust, etc isn't damaged and doesn't need replacing then it should be a simple case of just reflashing the modded ECU image back on. Given how much MRT rip people off surely they would be more than happy to do that for you free of charge.

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dejan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 am

Hey guys,

Now that my car was officially being taken to the Arjan Motors in Lidcombe last Sat and i met up with the guy, he's a Maltese, said he's been in the business for more than 20 years and well known in the area.

Anyways, when i first met up with him he sounded really nice and really appeared that he wanna to help, he said the car will be well looked after under his care and he will make sure the repair job will bring the car back to its brand new condition again. He also said he will look after me and lend me a courtesy car during the time he's fixing it.

Anwyas, 3 days went by since then, just rang him this arvo wanna find out latest status quo, he said LOOK MATE, NO POINT YOU RINNING ME, BETTER IF I RING YOU IF I HAVE ANY UPDATES, MITSU SENDING OUT SOMEONE FROM FACTORY TO CHECK PART NUMBERS AND ASSESS DAMAGE AND HELP TO PREPARE QUOTE HOPEFULLY TMR AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE OK?

WHen i asked about the rental car he said he would, he turned around and went MATE, I CAN'T GIVE YOU A CAR UNTIL I FINISH UP THE QUOTE AND NRMA LETS ME GO AHEAD WITH IT, HE SAID HE DOESN'T WANNA LEND ME A LOAN CAR ONLY TO FIND OUT NRMA MIGHT WRITE IT OFF, SO ITS BIT OF A WASTE ON HIS END.

My question is, it seems like the process is pretty slow and understably so, cos it is a medium to big job, but hey 2 days went by and NOT ONE PERSON has taken a look at the car??? SHould i be harassing him every 2nd day just to see what he's been up to, by applying extra pressure would that speed up the whole process or would it morelikely to be detrimental and might backfire?? eg. he might be rushing to get the job done and do it dodgy? OR is that just going to piss him off??

What is the general approach to this kind of things, i want him to do a damn good job but dont wanna be waiting for 2 months for it too. Also, i will need a rental car from next Thrusday, is it reasonable for me to harass him and get him to lend me a car to drive, he's aruging that he wouldnt give me a rental car if NRMA haven't approved anything yet, is he right in saying that, or is he full of it and should i stamp this one out here???

Any feedbacks and suggetions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys.

Dejan
What goes around comes around.

SirGalantHad
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SirGalantHad » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 am

no use you harrassing him if anything it will slow him down. as for the rental car you should hassle your insurance they normally are the ones who loan cars out in situations like this. just check to see if they cover all the costs as i know some might only cover 14 days or something.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 am

It's natural for you to be rather anxious about this but might I point out that with most accident repairs, these things take awhile.

The panel shop is also reliant on someone from Mitsu to come out and do the quoting on parts. This is NOT his staff. He has to call and ask someone working for another company to come out and do this.

So I think you should cut this guy some slack and just sit in your place... . You will find that no matter where you take your car, every company will treat you the same. It ain't their car there and they've seen it all before... . Perhaps seen worse... .

In truth, if I was you, I'd be hoping for the expert opinion to be wreck... . I'd get a new RA... .

In any case, never reasonable to harrass someone doing work for you... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

NRMA's insurance when I renewed my policy had a rental as an option. So, if you didn't option a rental in, NRMA won't entertain your request at all.

It is actually not up to the repairer to provide you one, and if they do it is a sign of goodwill.

It is fair enough that he won't give you a car until he is actually approved to do the work. If NRMA writes the car off, the repairer gets nothing.

Sometimes you have to have faith in the repairer. No use in being one of those painful customers who ring everyday to check up. I know when I was in sales, they were definitely not the ones to get my best efforts ;)

napkins1
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby napkins1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 am

Unfortunately its just one of those things that takes time to sort out. I know with my accident all up it took about 6 weeks for everything to be finalised.

Then another two weeks waiting for my new car. There is no real way to speed up the process

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 am

Absolutely right folks. You need to take a step back mate. Your car is in good hands and it will be sorted as soon as the paperwork exercise is sorted.

Jumping up and down unfortuantely doesn't help (hinders if anything). Be nice to this guy too as he holds all the cards and is doing to a favour by lending you a car too.

Best not rushing the repair job too otherwise corners may be cut.

Cheers
John

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:42 am

I would find out who NRMA has assigned as your accessor and hassle him.

They often go to work shops in areas on certain days only.

It is up to the accessor to get things moving, this is why the repairer was so frustrated.

Best of luck but I would be making phone calls every day until I get answers.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”