***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

foggies

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

washman
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

foggies

Postby washman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Has anyone purchased these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-07-11-Mi ... 3278wt_905

if so can u give some feed back between the product, cause atm i'm trying to decide whether i should get the ccfl foglamps or the normal one.
btw if you know what the main difference between the ccfl ones and the normal ones can u please explain?
thanks guys :)

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 pm

The incandescent light bulb, incandescent lamp or incandescent light globe makes light by heating a metal filament wire to a high temperature until it glows. The hot filament is protected from air by a glass bulb that is filled with inert gas or evacuated. In a halogen lamp, a chemical process returns metal to the filament, extending its life. The light bulb is supplied with electrical current by feed-through terminals or wires embedded in the glass. Most bulbs are used in a socket which supports the bulb mechanically and connects the current supply to the bulb's electrical terminals.

Cold-cathode lamps include cold-cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) and neon lamps.CCFLs use a discharge in mercury vapor to develop ultraviolet light, which in turn causes a fluorescent coating on the inside of the lamp to emit visible light.

Cold-cathode lamps are used for backlighting of LCD displays, for example computer monitors and television screens.

In the lighting industry, “cold cathode” historically refers to luminous tubing which is larger than 20mm in diameter and operates on a current of 120 to 240 milliamps. This larger diameter tubing is often used for interior alcove and general lighting.[2][3] The term "neon lamp" refers to tubing that is smaller than 15 mm diameter and typically operates at approximately 40 milliamps. These lamps are commonly used for neon signs.

otherwise i cant google your other answer for you.........

washman
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

foggies

Postby washman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks Tate, but my main concern is there any major difference in the brightness, like are the ccfl ones just for show?

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 am

i bought a pair of these. just need to put them in my car. not a fan of the switch that comes with it so i bought some aftermarket ones and im gonna wire it so the angel eyes are always on (like DRLs) and the fogs turn on with a switch on the dash.

Might try and do it this saturday if i have time. if i do ill let you know how they look

washman
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

foggies

Postby washman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:05 pm

do you have any pictures of the fitted product?

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:19 pm

this is all i have for the moment. will get some in the light tomorrow.

perhaps someone could post some pictures of the OEM fog lights at night for comparison? dont think they are supposed to aim so far off to the side. would be good to compare the distance too. also my angel eyes arent on as one of the inverters didnt work. theyre sending out another one.

they werent exactly a perfect fit either. took some work to get them in. also i didnt like the remote so i hooked them up to a fog light switch on the dash. i think the hardest part was getting the cables into the cabin as the cable for the remote is a little short imo. it would reach if you get the power on the driver side of the car but i set it up on the right side. even if i wanted to use the remote that comes with it i couldnt.

if you want an easy install i would go with OEM copies. this took me most of the day to get in. also as i mentioned they kinda point off to the side instead of straight ahead so i dont know how useful they are as actual fog lights.

btw the CCFL part is just the angel eyes. the light itself is a standard halogen projector.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o120 ... G_0967.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o120 ... G_0968.jpg

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am

heres a pic in the daylight

washman
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

foggies

Postby washman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 am

thanks man, so u wouldnt recommend these then ey?btw for the angels when they work does it have a separate switch?

Return to “Lighting”