***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Blanka's angel eyes

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey Blanka looking at ur pics I assume u didnt remove the parker lights? I just got my AEs today and the instructions said to remove the 'daytime lights' which I assume are the parker lights. Im not entirely sure if u removed them or not.. did you?

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 am

yeh i took out every light bulb >.< didnt want to take the chance of putting them in oven
Uchiha Itachi

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

Love those Angel eyes blanka. The install baking still puts me off and I have my exhaust as a priority now but seeing your pics makes me wanna put them in. We'll see.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:08 am

Haha woops wt I meant was that you've put your parkers back in after installation right? The manual said to take them out and install your angel eyes to the parker lights so they are on all the time. I dunno if im making sense lol. But regardless I reckon the eyes will still look good with/without parker lights installed.

Anyways I read and you said u didnt drill an extra hole and use silicone to seal up the wires, you just ran it through with the other wires.. have u experienced your head lights fogging up yet?

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:26 pm

asHxP wrote:Haha woops wt I meant was that you've put your parkers back in after installation right? The manual said to take them out and install your angel eyes to the parker lights so they are on all the time. I dunno if im making sense lol. But regardless I reckon the eyes will still look good with/without parker lights installed.

Anyways I read and you said u didnt drill an extra hole and use silicone to seal up the wires, you just ran it through with the other wires.. have u experienced your head lights fogging up yet?

oh ahah yeh i did wire them to my parker lights so they are always on n i did put my parker lights back in. on fogging hmmmm havent had any problems with it everything looks ok.
Uchiha Itachi

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Sweet i feel less hesitant abt doing this now. As soon as my mid sems are over its construction time on my whole car =D. I'll make sure I post pictures too

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:02 am

yeh sounds good mate
Uchiha Itachi

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Yep - Me too..... Maybe even next weekend, so I have them in for the Brissie North Coast Cruise.....

Mine are sitting on the shelve begging me every time I walk past them to get the courage to take off the bumper, bake the headlights and try to work out how to wire them to the parkers....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 pm

lolz well summon up the courage n install them
Uchiha Itachi

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Hope this isnt a dumb question (prob is)... but how do you wire them to the parker lights?? Do you have to break open the wire for the parkers and solder them together??

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:20 pm

not a dumb question mate, yeh i was kinda like didnt no how to do the wiring but i had my cousin there to help me. Wat we did was we cut n pealed the parker light wire cover untill we could see the wire then we connected the angel eye wires to it n taped it up

heres a pic of the wires the yellow is the part where we taped it together
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/254/img2240c.th.jpg
Uchiha Itachi

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Oooh cool ok that'll help. Another thought came in my mind when I saw the relfection of my headlights today while i was driving........... When your lights are on, are both rings on despite not being on highbeam?

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:30 pm

asHxP wrote:Oooh cool ok that'll help. Another thought came in my mind when I saw the relfection of my headlights today while i was driving........... When your lights are on, are both rings on despite not being on highbeam?

Yes.... as they're hooked into the parker lights - the way I will connect mine too - both rings will be lit, whenever your parker's are on....

So - When you have your headlights on, you will still see the High Beam ring as a circle in your headlight cluster, and I'd expect a decent glow around the edge along with the low beam light as well....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 am

Oh ok that explains that... Umm so is it high beam brightness when it's on like that I'd can you make it brighter when you sworn the knob to high beam? I'm so noob at this lol

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:07 pm

asHxP wrote:Oh ok that explains that... Umm so is it high beam brightness when it's on like that I'd can you make it brighter when you sworn the knob to high beam? I'm so noob at this lol

no the angel eyes dont go brighter if u switch to highbeam, its very hard to see the circle*angel eyes* on the highbeam lights when highbeam is on cos highbeam is so bright
Uchiha Itachi

Return to “Lighting”