***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dash LED illumination Lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Dash LED illumination Lights

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:45 am

Hey all

I'm looking at doing the Dash lights (you know the ugly looking red/yellow/orange ones) to blue, obviously i looked around a bit but there is only so much you can find, i found a couple of good write ups etc but just wondering as to if anyone has found a write up on the Head unit and steering wheel ones, i know that people have obviously done them due to this post

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showth ... ol&page=13

number 128 he has pics etc

But the steering wheel controls look somewhat tricky, has anyone done them? i have already got the LED's for the A/C controls and pulled them out last night... small than what i thought they were that's for sure but i should be right with it.... tips and advice welcome all the same

But has anyone done the head unit controls and the steering wheel controls including blue tooth, I'm pretty spot on with getting the center out after half hour of checking it out last night but any advice on the steering wheel controls and head unit for changing the lights in them would be great, also does anyone know if they are the same type/size as the AC controls?

Would be great, will also do a write up on it once its done looking at doing it this weekend or next week depending how long the little suckers take to get off...

Thanks in advance

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:25 am

You could message Acree from Evolutionm...
He has done it... he might be able to offer you some tips.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/north-texas-evo-club-ntec/507018-interior-light-conversion-done-acree-pics-rmondoh.html
Last edited by Slash on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 am

dead link bro

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 am

Weird.. fixed it now

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 am

Justin Yes I do know those ugly colour lights you are referring to " Hmm I don't like them at all :sad: ... That was my first thing I wanted to change when I got my Lancer .... I did inquire about changeing the lights But it all sounded in the too hard basket ... But What you have posted up it dose seem possible :P .... I will look forward to see how you go with this and I may have it done ... Good Luck with it :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 am

thanks mate,

Yeah it should be good from what i gathered the hardest part is doing the cluster but i think ill pass on that one for the moment... there are a few guys around that can do it and considering if a new one is what they say it is id rather pay someone $100+ to do it than buy a new one for 650... pass!

as for everything else its fairly straight forward have a good soldering tip, be good at it get some practice and go for it.... i mean i had a fair amount of practice doing car stereos and electrical gear so i should be sweet just need to maybe invest in a new soldering iron... good excuse to buy one IMO lol :)
but stuff those orange lights off aye... so annoying...

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey Justin
That looks like a really good mod
I hope it goes well for you and I look forward to the DIY
I wouldn't mind Blue LEDs in my interior controls either
Cheers mate
Chris. :mrgreen:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 pm

yeah i intend to do everything bar the cluster... plainly because its just to damn hard to yeah CBF... lol

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm

justin wrote:yeah i intend to do everything bar the cluster... plainly because its just to damn hard to yeah CBF... lol

Justin , Just a little Question ... Where is the cluster situated & what dose the cluster light up ?

Cheers Doreen :smile:

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Hoges wrote:Doreen the Cluster is your RPM, Speedo, and multi read out display, That assembly is known as a cluster

Thank you for the Infro Ryan .... Cheers Doreen :smile:

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:55 pm

yeah its just your hole RPM etc its not that easy to do because u have to recallibrate everyting!
so ill pass

ok i started tonight bought a new tip for my soldering iron to get it nice and clean etc make sure all the joins are good... memo to self tho putting LED's backwards dont work stupid lol obviously need to do my courses again haha nar after i looked back at the diagram after testing i was like STUPID!!! and fixed it got 4 down so far only 8 to go maybe do the extra 2
ill think about it aye
but looks sweet so far

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:03 pm

justin wrote:yeah its just your hole RPM etc its not that easy to do because u have to recallibrate everyting!
so ill pass

ok i started tonight bought a new tip for my soldering iron to get it nice and clean etc make sure all the joins are good... memo to self tho putting LED's backwards dont work stupid lol obviously need to do my courses again haha nar after i looked back at the diagram after testing i was like STUPID!!! and fixed it got 4 down so far only 8 to go maybe do the extra 2
ill think about it aye
but looks sweet so far

Lol Justin " We all do silly things at times & feel Stupid at ourselfs :lol: " Sounds like you are winning with it so far ... You are doing well :smile:

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 pm

almost all done

Return to “Lighting”