***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HID Lights (High Intensity Discharge) Discussion

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 pm

tuanZo wrote:A lot of people are lucky out there to get away with hid but for me, I got pulled over last week not because of my hid but because they probably thought my car was full modded. Basically they tried to book me for speeding (they had no proof and was hoping I would say yes I did), they tried to say I didnt show my P( I did but the back fell off), they tried to say I placed my P in the wrong area( from what I discussed at vicroads ideally you should put it in the bottom left hand side only if you have room if not anywhere thats visible). Overall they couldnt find anything so they decided to defect my car because of the hid. The guy at the vicroads actually said that was stupid and a waste of time defecting that. Enough about what happened to me, I guess getting hid is a gamble... you might bump into a cop having a bad day and decide to be a bitch or you might never. But look go for hid even if you get pulled over you wont get a fine just a defect.. well thats Victorian case anyway. My plans now might just go for halogens ha..

You got done by Mr "I NEED REVENUE". >_> Your HIDs weren't too bright were they?
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

tuanZo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tuanZo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 pm

8000K haha

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 pm

tuanZo wrote:8000K haha

LOL omg that's bright as hell..
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 pm

perhaps for those who feel inclined to get HID's in the proper housing.
What are the part numbers from Mitsubishi for the Evo\Ralliart projectors?

Now that i think of it the plumbing for the washers wouldn't be hard to do either.
rather than have those pop up washers from the factory i would just maybe stick one of those jets from your bonnet near there.
That + the OEM EvoX HID headlamp projectors should allow you to get away with it without being defected easily.

I don't think there is anything that says that operation of the headlamp washers must work or the Auto Leveling...
I know that there is a law that your wipers must work and that you can technically get defected for having no water in your reservoir.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:17 am

himynameisdaniel wrote:perhaps for those who feel inclined to get HIDs in the proper housing. What are the part numbers from Mitsubishi for the EvoRalliart projectors? Now that i think of it the plumbing for the washers wouldn't be hard to do either. rather than have those pop up washers from the factory i would just maybe stick one of those jets from your bonnet near there. That + the OEM EvoX HID headlamp projectors should allow you to get away with it without being defected easily. I dont think there is anything that says that operation of the headlamp washers must work or the Auto Leveling... I know that there is a law that your wipers must work and that you can technically get defected for having no water in your reservoir.

Ralliart in Australia didn't came out with HID, not sure about the other states rules, but i spoke with some one who work at QLD transport and he told me if i don't have the automatic adjuster and projectors you're v. illegal and you can get a defective notice /fine and 1 point, he didn't say anything about the water nozzle

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 am

The OEM HID projector headlights do have auto leveling in them. When you turn on your lights you can see them automatically adjust by lowering a little bit. Also, in the center screen in your instrument cluster you see a little icon of your HID lights with arrows pointing up and down showing your auto leveling is operational. You only see this icon when you start up your car, it goes away.

If you want to fit the proper OEM projectors onto your car it will be very expensive.

The headlight unit themselves cost about $1500 each so $3000 for both plus you also need to buy the HID bulbs + washers + other random parts.

Also, your active cornering lights won't be functional.

If you are lucky enough to find a pair from the wreckers, that will be a lot cheaper.

And Ralliarts do come with HIDs now in their luxury pack.

Wazzy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Wazzy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:14 pm

If you want to change from 4300k to 5000k for the whiter light what bulbs do you need? And if anyone wants to be extra helpful is there one on eBay that's a good brand?

Thanks guys

Return to “Lighting”