***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Stevo's custom CZ4A projector headlights (2nd update)

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

AOTR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AOTR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am

After the installation of the headlights to the car, what wiring will have to be done for it to be fully functional? is it just plug and play or?

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:12 am

haha david's projectors , looks insane
Lancer Evolution 10MR

EvoXenoN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby EvoXenoN » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 am

AOTR wrote:After the installation of the headlights to the car, what wiring will have to be done for it to be fully functional? is it just plug and play or?

These modded MR HLs were plug & play on Davo's X GSR.

Also note:
The 2nd projector is Non-Functional. There is no room to fit a WHOLE projector into that housing. I have argued this point on EvoXForums with supporting pix. Its only there to give a "quad" projector look.

Everything else works fine:
- Low beam
- High beam
- Indicators
- Parkers
Your Expert on Custom heaadlights and HID lighting

AOTR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AOTR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 am

If angel eyes were to be added in, how different will be the wiring?

Where can i source for a set of MR headlights?

EvoXenoN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby EvoXenoN » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:43 am

It is entirely your choose how and when you want the halo's to be activated.

a few examples:
- wire / splice it to your OEM parker wiring so both turn on & off at the same time
- switch in the cabin to turn on & off as you please
- switch in the cabin or engine bay so that is alternates between OEM parker or Halo

The sky is the limits.

Im currently installing Halos for an Evo VII set. It'll be wired up so the driver can pop the bonnet, flick a waterproof switch located behind the high beams of both HLs. It'll alternate between OEM parker & Halos.
I dont want both of them on at the same time as I think the OEM parkers will ruin the look when the Halo's are on.
Its either one or the other.

These are the switches. Big thanks to e2-MODz, a long time friend on EvoOZ for making them.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii19 ... G_3497.jpg

MR HLs:
You can source 2nd hand ones from Yahoo Auctions Japan (YAJ) or Import Monster (IM). IM is just a website that translates YAJ items to english.

hansmitchel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby hansmitchel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 am

wow, nice stuff. So these will fit on an RA just plug and play? Will there be enough space?

EvoXenoN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby EvoXenoN » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:13 am

hansmitchel wrote:wow, nice stuff. So these will fit on an RA just plug and play? Will there be enough space?

It should be plug & play. Im will to bet on it

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 am

Man those on car shots look amazing. Quit your job and go into mass production for us :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

did you think about just putting LED's behind the 2nd projector the non tru functional one. just for effect or did the halogen bulb still fit with the lens infront.

becaues, it would look pretty good as a DRL to have the lens lit up, but not actually project any light.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:15 am

Holy cow...

That looks absolutely amazing! :D

This has to be one of the best mods to make the Lancer's already aggressive front even more imposing! :)

May I ask, what makes the backing red on the projectors? Can it be removed to make it clear?

AOTR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AOTR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:22 pm

i believe it's the 'shields' that made it look red.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

exaltd wrote:Holy cow...

That looks absolutely amazing! :D

This has to be one of the best mods to make the Lancer's already aggressive front even more imposing! :)

May I ask, what makes the backing red on the projectors? Can it be removed to make it clear?

this is where th read comes from the shield he puts in them, tecnically they are not illegal at all as they are not lights. making it read. its the background painted colour

EvoXenoN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby EvoXenoN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:02 am

draevon wrote:Man those on car shots look amazing. Quit your job and go into mass production for us :)

Thanks for the kind words :D

Blakey wrote:did you think about just putting LED's behind the 2nd projector the non tru functional one. just for effect or did the halogen bulb still fit with the lens infront.

becaues, it would look pretty good as a DRL to have the lens lit up, but not actually project any light.

LEDs were definately considered. I was originally going to paint the shields White then use White leds for a DRL or Parker light source. Davo actually wanted RED glowing projectors (CinCity style) but I ended up talking him out of it (legality issues). We ended up compromising on just RED coloured shields so they would look red during the day.

The next MR set Ive got lined up will be even crazier than this set. Will definately use LEDs for a DRL or parker light source. Quad DRLs will look evil :twisted: :wink:

exaltd wrote:May I ask, what makes the backing red on the projectors? Can it be removed to make it clear?

Blakey is spot on about the RED shields. Theyre installed infront of the lense / before the OEM cutoff shield. If you prefer the clear / OEM look just dont use any shields :wink:

Blakey wrote:this is where th read comes from the shield he puts in them, tecnically they are not illegal at all as they are not lights. making it read. its the background painted colour

Correct again Blakey. These shouldnt be illegal as theyre not EMITTING a RED light. They are REFLECTING a RED looking projector.

I basically got the idea of coloured projectors from the following cars:
- JDM Evo VIII MR's
- ALL variants of Evo IX's (JDM / USDM / EUDM)
Mitsu painted their projectors "Turquoise" from factory.
eg. VIIIMR
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc35 ... C02564.jpg

Result:
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc35 ... C02620.jpg

Note:
The pix ive taken of the coloured projectors only appear "fully" red at certain angles. Dont think its always red no matter where you stand.

No one has asked on this forum yet but to answer it now:
No matter what colour you paint the
- home made shield or
- OEM cutoff shields,
it will not change the colour of your light output.
Last edited by EvoXenoN on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:11 am

I see :) My bad for not noticing :)

Keep up the good work mate.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:33 am

EvoXenoN wrote:LEDs were definately considered. I was originally going to paint the shields White then use White leds for a DRL or Parker light source. Davo actually wanted RED glowing projectors (CinCity style) but I ended up talking him out of it (legality issues). We ended up compromising on just RED coloured shields so they would look red during the day.

that LED red that are on the projector housings of the other units, they are separately switched, so they aren't always on. unless you connect them to the parkers so they do turn on every-time.

or are you just covering your ass incase he gets pinged if he did have them and gets caught with them on.

cause they are quite good for show only.

Return to “Lighting”