***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dark interrier Lighting

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Dark interrier Lighting

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey

im a newbie to this forum love all he info you guys talk about and the CJ series... anyways to my question

I have a lancer 08 vrx with a sunroof and i ony have the 2 front reading lights above the front seats, now at night the rear seats are awfully dark and when you have to tend to a 1yr old in a baby seat it would be a bit easier sometimes with a little light, im not sure if people without a sunroof have a light in the middle of the roof, or not,is this a problem for anyone else and if so how did yous get light there ?

I was thinking of buying the lights that go above the rear doors like to comodores have and wire them in wi.,th the interrier light loom, but i wouldnt really know where to begin, maybe there is a easier way

cheers Martin.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:10 pm

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=3488& ... rior+light

Above is a link where I wanted to do the same.

Have a read as it will answer a lot of your questions

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks heaps mate anwers all my questions! although i seem to think it looks like a bigger job then its worth maybe could be easier with a battery operated one with a on/off switch but you would rather install it properly,

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Martin I have actually to fit an original Lancer interior light.

I bought one from the wreckers with the wire loom.

The original light screws to the roof rails. We can not do that because the sunroof is in the way.

I plan to drop the roof lining down then cut a hole for the light. I will then make a plate that will sit on the inside of the roof lining that i can screw the light to.
I have been slack and not done this yet.

One issue I have not been able to find where the wire loom plugs into.
If I can not find it I will just cut into the map lights.

If you need more help just ask. If you email your phone number I can ring you and discuss if you wish.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:49 pm

The wiring loom for dome light comes from the Passenger side A pillar, Not too sure on the colours of the wires but if I ever take my roof off again I'll make a note of them.

I'd also recommend some SMD LED map lights, Lancervr has some in his car and when they're on it looks like it's daytime in the car, they're amazing!!
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 pm

haha yea my map lights are awesome lol bright enough that i dont need any footwell lights lights em up as well.... and graham dont forget about about my reverse bulbs.... brightest in clubcj lol.....

u should try out some 8 smd leds for ure map lights cuz the light should travel to back seats as well... i will try to get you some pics mate when i m free later when it turns darker....

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:25 pm

haha maybe if i change the map lights to the LED's it might shine a bit more in the rear, enough not to worry bout installing some more lights, how much are the LED's worth? and where did you get them from?

cheers martin

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:36 pm

um i bought them in singapore recently when i went there for an internship.... pity you didnt ask sooner lol could have gotten a set for you as well... helped Ral1rt get some and he loves them but i reckon u can get em from maybe http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/LED ... lobes.html

or i could get in touch with the guy i bought it off in singapore to send you some....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:46 pm

whoa 54 LED's on 1 globe geez never knew they made that, which globe did you replace it with? the prices are pretty reasonable.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 pm

actually the bulb you would be looking for would be a 31mm festoon connector and i got a 8 smd dome light 31mm festoon from my guy in singapore..... so yeah i reckon that would be the best if you need it brighter 10smd would be the way to go but i reckon 8 smd is the brightest to go for cuz anything more would be too bright and glaring.... um this is the stuff my guy sells... you can get a good gauge of what you need and want from here....

http://www.DJenesis.com/led/DJenesis1.pdf

~LancerVR~

Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

pharmerben
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby pharmerben » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 pm

I've been looking all over for these. Can I get some from your guy from Singapore too?

Sickbunny
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Sickbunny » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 am

Hes back from Singapore now. These guys are really good, ive brought some LED's from them:

http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/LED ... lobes.html

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 pm

actually i made still be able to source it from singapore but would need a good set of numbers for it to be viable..... if there are others who want it they should say so..... so i can get in touch with him to get a good price and cheaper postage.... and if there are many that would turn it into a group buy i m guessing of which i would require the admins' approval...

Return to “Lighting”