***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fog Light replacement

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Fog Light replacement

Postby s21197 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 am

Just got my lancer and wanted to change out the fog light bulbs for some PIAA Xtreme White plus bulbs. Just wondering if anyone knows how to do this and also whether they can be replaced without taking the plastic thing off the bottom of the car. Im horrible at taking off those clips... always end up breaking them

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:57 am

yea it really easy. idk there was a DIY somewhere idk if it was on this site. but uhm all you do is look at the fog light. and then that platic thing around the fog light there are 2 screws i think take those out. then there should be 1 screw on the fog light itself. take that off. then the foglight comes out. take the bulb out the back. put a new bulb in. reasemble. repeat on the other side

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:06 am

nickbutterz wrote:yea it really easy. idk there was a DIY somewhere idk if it was on this site. but uhm all you do is look at the fog light. and then that platic thing around the fog light there are 2 screws i think take those out. then there should be 1 screw on the fog light itself. take that off. then the foglight comes out. take the bulb out the back. put a new bulb in. reasemble. repeat on the other side

yep nick very easy! there are 2 screws, but you only undo 1 of them on each side, so be careful because the other screw is for the light adjustment...

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 am

the owners manual has a short guide in it with pics. have a look ;)
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 am

Ozie wrote:
nickbutterz wrote:yea it really easy. idk there was a DIY somewhere idk if it was on this site. but uhm all you do is look at the fog light. and then that platic thing around the fog light there are 2 screws i think take those out. then there should be 1 screw on the fog light itself. take that off. then the foglight comes out. take the bulb out the back. put a new bulb in. reasemble. repeat on the other side

yep nick very easy! there are 2 screws, but you only undo 1 of them on each side, so be careful because the other screw is for the light adjustment...

im sorry =/ its been a while and i just said it from memory

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 pm

nickbutterz wrote:
Ozie wrote:

im sorry =/ its been a while and i just said it from memory

no sweat buddy

Return to “Lighting”