***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Interior LED Lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kibbles
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Interior LED Lights

Postby Kibbles » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:04 am

I had installed red led strips under my dash both drivers side and passengers side. They only turn on when you open the doors and turn off again when you close them, no additional switches were installed. This is the best method to be compliant with laws and avoids any possible distractions. There is a socket behind the glove box where the factory footwell interior led lighting goes (yes that's an option). I spliced in to that after i had done my research. that would be your best option.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:48 pm

I'll have to get off my butt and do this mod, found some leftover LED strips, just need to do the wiring. Has anyone tried running them to the back too put some light in the rear foot wells?

Also some guide to the best place to put/stick the LED strips would be nice, you want the light but don't want o see them directly.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 am

Lancer1993 wrote:I'll have to get off my butt and do this mod, found some leftover LED strips, just need to do the wiring. Has anyone tried running them to the back too put some light in the rear foot wells?

Also some guide to the best place to put/stick the LED strips would be nice, you want the light but don't want o see them directly.

Yes i have them in the back too. Just run the wiring down the passengers side along the main wiring harness and then under the front seats. I then attached the leds to the underside of the front seats. All the wiring us hidden and you cant see where the lights are coming from.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 pm

While on the topic of interior leds. I bought these off ebay item number 180965122787
I probably paid too much but it works oh so well and no need for foot well lighting. Im stunned how bright these LEDs are. Unreal. Worth every penny

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:33 pm

In far from an expert on lights. However i absolutely love the Led lights i installed i got from ebay. The amount of light they shove out is freaking incredible compared to the stock incandescent bulbs. Absolutely worth the price of admission for sure

Return to “Lighting”