***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

VLAND Headlights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

chump
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

VLAND Headlights

Postby chump » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a pair of VLAND headlights from eBay with the sequential indicator.

I know they are quite popular lights so I've got some questions for those with them installed.

1. Do the DRLs function like real DRLs? i.e. they automatically turn on when the car is turned on and do not require you to constantly have your park lights on?

2. Do they have high and low beam. From the pictures it appears that there is only 1 bulb socket so is there a special bulb I would need? What bulbs do you recommend, I am after the cooler white rather than the warmer white if possible.

Thank you in advance,
Cade

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: VLAND Headlights

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:41 am

Can’t help you with the DRL question but I would say the car would need to control what is happening with the lights.
As far as the globes go if it’s only got one socket then it would be an H4 globe. If it’s supposed to use a halogen globe then that is what you must use. LED or HID globes in halogen reflectors do not give you a very good light source. All you will achieve is dazzling oncoming drivers at night.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Zephos
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Zephos » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:46 pm

chump wrote:1. Do the DRLs function like real DRLs? i.e. they automatically turn on when the car is turned on and do not require you to constantly have your park lights on?
I believe the Vlands come with a wire that you plug into your fuse box for DRLs with constant power, until you turn your headlights on.

chump wrote:2. Do they have high and low beam. From the pictures it appears that there is only 1 bulb socket so is there a special bulb I would need? What bulbs do you recommend, I am after the cooler white rather than the warmer white if possible.
No high beam function. You can fit a D2S HID kit with ballasts, or use H7 bulbs (LED if you want a cooler white output).
MY09 Aspire - Sold
MY10 Ralliart - 183kw :twisted:

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Zephos are you saying the Vlands don’t have a hi/low beam function?If that is the case then they are illegal to use and will get you defected

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:16 pm

Just had a look at the Vland webpage which isn’t helpful but they do show a single globe holder that will take an H7 or equivalent. H7 is a single filament globe so I don’t know how they get a hi/low beam. If it was me I wouldn’t touch them.
Last edited by lancerdarryl on Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zephos
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Zephos » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Could be wrong but I think the shutter inside the headlight adjusts to simulate a "high beam".
Pretty dodgy if that is the case.
MY09 Aspire - Sold
MY10 Ralliart - 183kw :twisted:

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Zephos wrote:Could be wrong but I think the shutter inside the headlight adjusts to simulate a "high beam".
Pretty dodgy if that is the case.
That makes sense. And yes it is pretty dodgy

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:13 am

Just installed a pair of these on my car, been wanting them for a while now. As far as I can tell there is no high beam function and the DRLs are activated by switching on the parking lights. Kind of annoying but these lights look amazing
2012 ES Sportback USDM Long Beach, CA. RA Snorkel, K&N Drop-In,Custom 2.25 catback with Flowmaster resonator+jdm 4” muffler, Gutted from rear seats back, Pioneer AVH-211EX+12” compact sub :welcome:

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:27 pm

Tywhiteguy wrote:Just installed a pair of these on my car, been wanting them for a while now. As far as I can tell there is no high beam function and the DRLs are activated by switching on the parking lights. Kind of annoying but these lights look amazing

Thanks for that info,so obviously with only having low beam they won’t have any ADR approval in Aus.So fit them at your own risk.

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:35 pm

Quick update: had to replace my headlight bulbs because I got a faulty pair. Just went out to check and they do have a high beam, I’m guessing it’s a dual beam not 100% sure as I didn’t feel like staring into them but I was wrong when I said there was no high beam
2012 ES Sportback USDM Long Beach, CA. RA Snorkel, K&N Drop-In,Custom 2.25 catback with Flowmaster resonator+jdm 4” muffler, Gutted from rear seats back, Pioneer AVH-211EX+12” compact sub :welcome:

L4DYam3nd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby L4DYam3nd » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:12 pm

Hey Tywhiteguy - can you tell me which bulbs you bought and what fuse you piggy backed onto for the DRLs? Thank you

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 am

No fuse for the DRL, just turns on with parking lights. H7 LED Headlight Bulb, EASY EAGLE... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0856Y79CH?re ... b_ap_share I believe these are the bulbs I used. It doesn’t state that they are dual beam but when I hit the high beams they do get much brighter. Just a heads up with the low beams on they are not very bright at night.

L4DYam3nd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby L4DYam3nd » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Hmm maybe we have a different style of light then. Mine came with a cable that has a double fuse on it for the DRLs. So it's gotta piggy back onto another fuse to work. Thanks anyway!

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:21 am

I bought mine second hand so he could’ve possibly rewired them or maybe they make them different in different markets. What size fuse splitter does it have? All you do is find one the same size and that comes on with ignition and you’re all set

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:46 am

Tywhiteguy wrote:I bought mine second hand so he could’ve possibly rewired them or maybe they make them different in different markets. What size fuse splitter does it have? All you do is find one the same size and that comes on with ignition and you’re all set

Unfortunately it’s not that simple for Australia. They need to dim when the headlights are turned on and turn off or dim when the indicator is in use

Return to “Lighting”