***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Cluster dimming

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Cluster dimming

Postby VRXblack » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Hey all
Need some clarification cause it's really bugging me and will do my head in all night...
Do the cluster lights dim when turning on the headlights? Or is it only adjustable with the little button?

I really can't remember if it actually does or not...
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: Cluster dimming

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:53 pm

During the daylight with the headlights off the dashlights are at full brightness.When the lights are on at night the dashlights will dim to whatever you have it set at.Here's where it gets weird with the dusk sensing system.If the lights are on auto and are off the dash is at full brightness when the lights switch on the dash will dim to your setting.In full day light with the headlights switched on the dash will be at full brightness as the sun goes down and it gets darker the dash will stay at full brightness until the point where the dusk sensing system would turn your lights on then the dash will then dim to your setting.
Hope this is a help it's an odd system
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 am

lancerdarryl wrote:During the daylight with the headlights off the dashlights are at full brightness.When the lights are on at night the dashlights will dim to whatever you have it set at.Here's where it gets weird with the dusk sensing system.If the lights are on auto and are off the dash is at full brightness when the lights switch on the dash will dim to your setting.In full day light with the headlights switched on the dash will be at full brightness as the sun goes down and it gets darker the dash will stay at full brightness until the point where the dusk sensing system would turn your lights on then the dash will then dim to your setting.
Hope this is a help it's an odd system

Hmm interesting. Nah that makes sense mate thanks for that.
I was only asking as last night i had my lights set to auto but seemed like my cluster was on full brightness. Could be i accidentally hit the adjust button at some point and i ended up setting it back to full without realising it. Might be why it seemed a little brighter than usual. I didn't realise thats how the it all worked. I always assumed that once the lights are on it would just dim automatically like some of the older cards do.
Thanks again!!
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:52 am

No probs. It took me a while to work it out. I think they stay on full brightness during daylight so you can see the dash
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

Return to “Lighting”