***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HID's Installed

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am

Everyones entitled to their opinion about HIDs :P
Personally myself I love them. I can see so much better and I do a fair bit of hills driving aswell so it brights up the place a lot.

When I hit the Kangaroo it smashed up one of my lights so one bulb is gone and for insurance reasons I changed the HID back to stock globes, the single stock globe is so poor compared to HID's. I find myself driving with fog lights on just so I can see that meter or 2 ahead of me because I can barely see islands.
(I am required to wear visual aids while driving and I always do)

Can't wait for my car to get fixed and to order some more HID's.

Might go with 6000k this time.
I'll post up the finished product!
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

drake89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby drake89 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 pm

I did some research on getting the EVO X Projectors and auto levelling installed in lancers other than EVOs

Hi

Brad I have priced the headlamps and the leveling module but I don't know if you will need more bits as it is not serviced as at kit these 3 items unfitted are $4,306.00

regards

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:32 pm

ZOMG $4k... if you were keen on the kit wouldnt it be cheaper to get the retrofitted headlight kit??

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:50 pm

i just read something about the hid's something that SIRVRX may not agree on. there are 2 types of HID's one that requires a lense and one that can use a conventional halogens reflector, but even with that they still require washers and auto leveling to be legal.

here is where i got this from. just for SIRVRX.

HID bulbs come in two common standards today known as: D2S and D2R. D2S uses the D2 base and a clear, naked bulb. D2R uses the same D2 base and a bulb with a metallic strip along one edge to combat unwanted glare in the reflector headlamp. So in OEM HID applications D2R is used in reflector-type HID assemblies whereas D2S is used in projector-type assemblies. When you're purchasing an HID kit, you want to go with a D2S bulb because it emits slightly more light than the D2R.

http://intellexual.net/hid.html#hid

and who ever quoted you that 4grand price for them is a rip off. you can get proper retrofitted ones for not much over 1grand possibly less.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Yes there are the type of bulb designed for reflector fitting, D2R is the code as above.

However, it is still only for a reflector designed for the HID light, not a regular reflector designed for a halogen bulb.

And it may be a rip off, but it's OEM. I can get them for $3500 plus post. And it is the full assembly including leveller, bulbs and ballasts. Not pop-up washers though.

Return to “Lighting”