***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Headlight Suggestions

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SkitZaY
INACTIVE Member Account

Headlight Suggestions

Postby SkitZaY » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 am

Seeing as I have got AngelEyes in White which will soon be installed, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for lights to match.

From what I understand, aftermarket HIDs on vehicles without HIDs standard is illegal, so I'll probably skip on them. Just looking for something that's white, but not hideously bright or annoying.

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:40 am

You might get away with Philips Crystal Visions (4300K) which are quite white without losing distance.

Philips Diamond Visions (5000K) are all about colour (super white) and street presence (blue tinge) but they lose distance.

PIAA Super Whites have a pinkish tinge on them but the beam of light is very white (highly recommended for functionality).

Narva Arctic Blue is another one to consider, if you are on a tighter budget.

Hope that helps.

-EXALTD-

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 am

I have crystal vision - best cheap upgrade after vinyl front and chrome trim ;-)

When you see them next to stock CJ headlights everyone except HID owners will tell u they're white as - I love 'em... but like u, wouldn't consider HID's... why would u void warranty, piss other drivers off and modify ur headlamps in an un-helpful way?

Crystalvision FTW ;-) Not on the 'blue' side of white.... IE. made for brightness not for the "i've got modded headlights" look ;-)

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Just go for a set of 6000k HIDs, cost a bit more but the difference is awesome. the 6000k is white not blue so you shouldn't get any problems. the aspire and evo come with HIDs so it looks standard.
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:46 pm

infinite wrote:Just go for a set of 6000k HIDs, cost a bit more but the difference is awesome. the 6000k is white not blue so you shouldn't get any problems. the aspire and evo come with HIDs so it looks standard.

They look NOTHING like standard!!!!

The glare and uncontrolled light spread in the regular headlights is ridiculous! OEM projectors like the Aspire and Evo MR have is the ONLY way to do HIDs properly.

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:34 pm

If you are after legal halogen white lights, I think the options are the 4000K ones.
Like mentioned before, Narva Artic Blue or Philips Blue Vision. Those are the whitest you can have and still ADR approve.

I think anything in this halogen catergory, above 4000K is not ADR approved. It may look bright at 4000K and above, but it is actually not. It does strains my eyes more when driving with those sort of lights, but then I'm old so of coz my eyesight sux. :p

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm

yeah man, HID's are wrong in reflectors... stand 100m from 2 cars one with HID's and one with stock light and u'll see - look at the headlights and they're one big ball of glarey-glow, whereas the stock ones give the driver just as much vision without the haze for oncoming traffic...

Some ppl reckon they're cool, regardless of what headlight type you have... the other 90% hate it... Haven't pulled a poll, but i'm sure u'll find that's a realistic figure...

Don't go HID... you can get a good look and keep it legal and safe ;-)

SkitZaY
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SkitZaY » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Once again though, no intention to go HIDs, as per the first post. ;)

I'll have a look into the suggestions posted, thanks.

Return to “Lighting”