***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Center Brake Light

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Center Brake Light

Postby VRXblack » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 am

Hey guys
So last night found out that my center brake light wasn't working and being late at night wasn't overly keen on trying figure it out in the dark.
So i guess my question is before trying to rip it out etc. does that specific center light have its own fuse? Was thinking if that one is an LED i would assume that it would.
Also if i was to replace that light does anyone happen to know its part number? I think i have found one online being 8334A065 but wanted to confirm before i went off and had to buy an other one.

Cheers
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

cooyarpjm
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Center Brake Light

Postby cooyarpjm » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm

If it's anything like mine all i had to do was unplug the connector on the back of the light and reconnect it and away it went again and hasn't missed a beat since.
No longer own a lancer, Fairwell. *yield*

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Figured it out. I did try that old unplug and plug back in and started working but then stopped soon after again.

So ended up unplugging taking out the connectors with a screw driver (you have to lift a small piece of plastic that's holding it in and just pull the cable out) then with a pair of pliers just slightly pushing the connectors back together. They are those speaker cable plugs, kind of like a flat piece of metal and curved around to meet in the middle of the flat piece (cant think of the name).
Once i did that and tried to fit the connector back onto the light was snug as anything, so hopefully that will fix the issue...
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:10 pm

That 8334A065 is the same as my car, and google images look the same.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 am

Quismiff wrote:That 8334A065 is the same as my car, and google images look the same.

Great thank you!`
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 am

Hey guys, sorry to rebirth this issue but seems like it keeps coming back. I dont think there is actually anything wrong with the light but more of the harness plug instead. So decided to take the harness wires out and plug straight into the light and they fit nice and snugly but i'm assuming the plug is there to keep any water from coming into contact.

So was wondering if anyone know if there is a part number for that little plastic plug from the harness by any chance?
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

Return to “Lighting”