***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Halo Fog lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

User avatar
Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW, AUS

Halo Fog lights

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Hiya!
saw these, they look pretty good, wanted to know if anyone had installed them, how difficult it was and how they work with the Halo and fog light capabilities (switches and such)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pair-A ... 9f3d622a-1

cheers
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

User avatar
sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby sarusa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 am

Would like to find replacement fog light surrounds with just daytime driving lights (strip) for MY15

User avatar
MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby MiracleLancer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am

I wonder if you can get a variant of these for the CF.

Then again I'd have so many running lights if I did that lol xD
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback

User avatar
Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW, AUS

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:25 am

sarusa wrote:Would like to find replacement fog light surrounds with just daytime driving lights (strip) for MY15


i know these are definitely a thing. from memory (will try to find them again) they were made for those who didnt have factory Fog lights, lemme try and find them again, will post link if i do

***EDIT*** Got em

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/192293392026? ... dispItem=1

these what you mean?
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

User avatar
Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW, AUS

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 am

MiracleLancer wrote:I wonder if you can get a variant of these for the CF.

Then again I'd have so many running lights if I did that lol xD


https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI- ... 2623290743

looks like you might have 2 more drl's runnings hahaha
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

bumblebee
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby bumblebee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I have installed stocko fog lights to the r.a front end on the active
Piece of cake
The fun bit is running the wiring into the cabin.

User avatar
MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby MiracleLancer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Well, Looks like I'll be adding these to my list of stuff
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback

bumblebee
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby bumblebee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Pretty simple
Remove the black plastic surround from the bumper
Fit the lamps and wiring to bumper
Reattach the light surrounds
Run the wiring into cabin
Remove the plastic cover above driver knee
Mount switch and attach to wiring loom supplied

I used the trigger wire from the positive side of the parker lights to switch the relay on for the fog lights

So for fog lights to come on. Parkers must be on
Then connect positive lead from wiring loom to battery.
Connect negative feom wiring loom to chassis near battery. There will be one near the battery already.
Then you can stsrt car.
Flick parkers on
Press the foglights switch above your knee you mounted
And all being equeal the foglights come on

Job done

Im more then happy to fly to you and install them
You pay the flights and travel to you and its done.
Lol

User avatar
sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby sarusa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Ronan.Butler11 wrote:Hiya!
saw these, they look pretty good, wanted to know if anyone had installed them, how difficult it was and how they work with the Halo and fog light capabilities (switches and such)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pair-A ... cer-2008-2

cheers


Unfortunately these are for pre 2013 lancers.

Looks like I'll have to settle for round lights in the space currently housing dummy fog lights. :(

User avatar
Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW, AUS

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:16 pm

bumblebee wrote:Pretty simple
Remove the black plastic surround from the bumper
Fit the lamps and wiring to bumper
Reattach the light surrounds
Run the wiring into cabin
Remove the plastic cover above driver knee
Mount switch and attach to wiring loom supplied

I used the trigger wire from the positive side of the parker lights to switch the relay on for the fog lights

So for fog lights to come on. Parkers must be on
Then connect positive lead from wiring loom to battery.
Connect negative feom wiring loom to chassis near battery. There will be one near the battery already.
Then you can stsrt car.
Flick parkers on
Press the foglights switch above your knee you mounted
And all being equeal the foglights come on

Job done

Im more then happy to fly to you and install them
You pay the flights and travel to you and its done.
Lol


So would it be for main fog light i still use the current fog light switch on the indicator lever, then the switch near the driver knee area for the halo?
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

bumblebee
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Halo Fog lights

Postby bumblebee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 pm

My lancer doesnt have a fog light switch on the indicator stalk

Thats why i used the positive off the parker light as a trigger on the relay so when the parkers go on then i can use the fog lights


If you have a lancer activ (they have the r.a bumper) you will need this ebay part number for fog lights

391448469259


Return to “Lighting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests