***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New DRL headlights, need help ASAP

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

New DRL headlights, need help ASAP

Postby rasit.aslim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi guys,

Got these DRL headlights fitted today and whenever I turn the ignition on, the screen shows "ASC service required error" and it revs up and down. But when I remove the key from the ignition and put it in again it runs normally?
Is it easily fixable?

This is the headlight http://www.ctautoparts.com.au/3d-neon-l ... ion-x.html

Was told that it may be the cheap H7 halogen globe that came with the headlights and that it has to be a canbus free globe. Will a resistor fix it or new canbus error free globes? I need help ASAP :(

Thank you
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New DRL headlights, need help ASAP

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 pm

did you go back to them to ask why? i got a set of other style headlights from ct auto parts, this is unusual!
We are all in it for the fun!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for half an hour to reset things? Keeping in mind the computer will need to retune itself for optimum performance. A quick Google search has other people with Lancers come up with the same issue, seems to be related to everything apart from ASC (Active Stability Control) :). Dirty MAF sensors, bad O2 sensors, and weak batteries (car starts fine, but the voltage drop at start could trigger a computer fault) were all causes on the Google search. I'd start at resetting the computer by disconnected the battery for half an hour. If you have an old battery replacing it with a decent battery like the Century 75D23L couldn't hurt either especially if it's on special at the time.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks for the answers guys, this is what the supplier told me:

Seller said this will fix it 100%
Please disconnect the DRL wire which connect to the ACC fuse.

This will fix the issues.
P.S without relay , customers can only use the Light bar as Parker lights.

I disconnected the Acc fuse wire, was told to take 1 battery terminal off for 3 minutes to reset it
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:01 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:did you go back to them to ask why? i got a set of other style headlights from ct auto parts, this is unusual!

I will get it fixed tomorrow, he said connect to parker only and the idling issue will be fixed
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:45 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:did you go back to them to ask why? i got a set of other style headlights from ct auto parts, this is unusual!

Did you have to use a resistor or were the bulbs canbus free? I have a 2017 CF ES sport if that helps.

Just cut the wire which connects drl to Acc and idle issue is fixed and ASC is now gone, but the orange engine light is there and I think it's the cheap bulbs creating the issue
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:55 am

My brother has a DS3 and it shows an ASC (has some other name but same function) fault when the fuel level is low.

Basically when air starts to get into the fuel lines it causes the A/F ratio to show lean, the car uses engine torque to help maintain stability.

Not sure if the Lancers use similar ASC or just from the brakes but the 'searching' idle sounds like a fuel or air issue, stuff like Burfadel said above (MAF, O2 etc.).

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

well i had everything done by the company across CT, carbonetics or something, they did the installation, cost 200 bucks though!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:well i had everything done by the company across CT, carbonetics or something, they did the installation, cost 200 bucks though!

So you need to take it back to them and tell them to fix it.
Thats why you paid them $200 in the first place for. To get it installed and make sure it all works correctly

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 am

exactly! i wouldn’t bother tinkering around with it, to just back to them if you got it installed by them and see what they can do, they were pretty nice guys when i spoke to them, sure they’ll fix it in no time!

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Started the car this morning and the issue was gone, no check engine light and ASC after disconnecting the DRL to Acc cable, disconnecting battery and a few other tricks, there's simply no need for it but it's still included on the paper guide they provide with the headlights which seems to be the cause.

However everything is working 100% now. Thanks for all the help guys
Last edited by rasit.aslim on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know its ok

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm

rasit.aslim wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry a bit off topic, but now the lights are a-ok, how do you find them at night? ive only driven cars with separate lights for low and high beam, exept for a JCW mini with HID's, which i was trying not to kill myself in rather than pay attention to my lights lol

went a bit off topic there but meh,\

so yeh, is this product a Yay or Nay? well keen to get a set like this or similar
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Ronan.Butler11 wrote:

Sorry a bit off topic, but now the lights are a-ok, how do you find them at night? ive only driven cars with separate lights for low and high beam, exept for a JCW mini with HID's, which i was trying not to kill myself in rather than pay attention to my lights lol

so yeh, is this product a Yay or Nay? well keen to get a set like this or similar

They are pretty bright at night despite the fact that the bulbs it came with are no brand cheap 4800k halogens.
I ordered a pair of Nighteye H7 LED globes and JW Speaker LEDs, will see if it'll make any noticeable difference.

The headlights were level when they were fitted, didn't need to adjust them and the light beam is just perfect. Nice and sharp, it looks like this when behind another car except the lines are more perfect on these headlights. No need for xenon HID when you can achieve the same quality with this headlight combined with good quality bulbs

I bought them from JDM Accessories http://jdmaccessories.com.au/product/3d ... -cj-evo-x/
They have a partnership with CT Auto Parts and you can afterpay it if you don't want to shell out too much cash at once :P
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 am

rasit.aslim wrote:
Ronan.Butler11 wrote:

They are pretty bright at night despite the fact that the bulbs it came with are no brand cheap 4800k halogens.
I ordered a pair of Nighteye H7 LED globes and JW Speaker LEDs, will see if it'll make any noticeable difference.

The headlights were level when they were fitted, didn't need to adjust them and the light beam is just perfect. Nice and sharp, it looks like this when behind another car except the lines are more perfect on these headlights. No need for xenon HID when you can achieve the same quality with this headlight combined with good quality bulbs

I bought them from JDM Accessories http://jdmaccessories.com.au/product/3d ... -cj-evo-x/
They have a partnership with CT Auto Parts and you can afterpay it if you don't want to shell out too much cash at once :P

Wow thats a pretty good light output compared to reflector, well keen on that. are the hi beams and low beams 2 bulbs in the one housing or 1 bulb that does both? stupid question but i want to be 100% sure
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Return to “Lighting”