***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

LED Footwell lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Simplicity
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

LED Footwell lights

Postby Simplicity » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I know there is other topics about this but none actually give me the info I need/want, or I dont get it lmao

Im looking at installing some RGB LED footwell lights, ideally hooked upto the dome, but I think it would be easier to use accessory power with something like this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Kit-C ... Sw3v5YopE6) attached

Could people give me recommendations on which strips to purchase, as i want quality not just cheap shit from ebay!!

Ive ordered some blue led dome lights too, completing the interior lighting setup!

Cheers guys!!
Lancer ActiV 2010 Grey Sedan, nicknamed Laura!
- Completely new to cars and modding, keep that in mind :))
- P1 plater in Melb, Vic ;)
- PLS KEEP IN MIND I CANT MOD MY ENGINE BC P PLATES RESTRICTIONS ARE A THING!!
- Mod thread!! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19341

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: LED Footwell lights

Postby adamhumphrey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm

If you don't want cheap maybe buy the plug and play kit from Mitsubishi.. Its around the $300 mark though. I have that kit installed in my Evo X and it works just as good as some $5 led strips from Ebay I fitted to my wife's VRX CJ Lancer. In my honest opinion just grab some ones off Ebay. LEDs don't have huge current draw so you could use a switch and hook up to the dome light wire its located to the side of the glove box on the BCM.
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

Simplicity
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Simplicity » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:17 pm

adamhumphrey wrote:If you don't want cheap maybe buy the plug and play kit from Mitsubishi.. Its around the $300 mark though. I have that kit installed in my Evo X and it works just as good as some $5 led strips from Ebay I fitted to my wife's VRX CJ Lancer. In my honest opinion just grab some ones off Ebay. LEDs don't have huge current draw so you could use a switch and hook up to the dome light wire its located to the side of the glove box on the BCM.

I am just worried about the quality, I want something that is going to last ages and is a good product, you just cant guarantee that with ebay sellers
Ooh mitsu is a bit steep though (casual 17yo restaurant worker steep)
Got any advice on which to grab? Im thinking of maybe getting some that connect via cigarette and splicing that into a fuse tap connected to the dome
or isnt that a fuse
Im new to cars in general but am so keen to learn haha
Lancer ActiV 2010 Grey Sedan, nicknamed Laura!
- Completely new to cars and modding, keep that in mind :))
- P1 plater in Melb, Vic ;)
- PLS KEEP IN MIND I CANT MOD MY ENGINE BC P PLATES RESTRICTIONS ARE A THING!!
- Mod thread!! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19341

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:08 pm

adamhumphrey wrote:If you don't want cheap maybe buy the plug and play kit from Mitsubishi.. Its around the $300 mark though. I have that kit installed in my Evo X and it works just as good as some $5 led strips from Ebay I fitted to my wife's VRX CJ Lancer. In my honest opinion just grab some ones off Ebay. LEDs don't have huge current draw so you could use a switch and hook up to the dome light wire its located to the side of the glove box on the BCM.

I'm sorry but the factory foot well lights look cheap imho. They blind you.
Personally i just fitted led strips and fitted them to the underside of dash and front seats.
Simplicity wrote:I know there is other topics about this but none actually give me the info I need/want, or I dont get it lmao

Im looking at installing some RGB LED footwell lights, ideally hooked upto the dome, but I think it would be easier to use accessory power with something like this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Kit-C ... Sw3v5YopE6) attached

Could people give me recommendations on which strips to purchase, as i want quality not just cheap shit from ebay!!

Ive ordered some blue led dome lights too, completing the interior lighting setup!

Cheers guys!!

I going to delete this thread tomorrow. I'm sorry we have enough threads on foot well lights. Please comment in one of those.

Return to “Lighting”