***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

All Lighting Questions Here!

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 pm

H1s. 100W may require relays??

These are the ones I bought
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110674097929 ... 1497.l2649
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Lancer09
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Lancer09 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:21 pm

i'm looking at getting new lights as i want "whiter" lights compared to my stock yellow lights. However i read that street legal are around 4200k but then i read some people have 5000k? so confused!

Also looking at getting these because they seem like they're white but not too bright?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HB4-9006-Phi ... 19c4e17c87

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:50 am

I have 5800K. Haven't had problems with cops. Wouldn't go above that though. Also, light output gets worse as you go up
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947

I

milhau5
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby milhau5 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

I've got a question about my recently installed foglights.. I've put in 55w 4300k HIDs and the exterior casing gets really hot, I cant even hold my hand on it for more than 2 seconds before it starts to burn. Is this expected? What should I do?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Head Lights - I know there are some relatively cheap ones on eBay with DRLs (like this) but after some checks I've found they are not real DRLs and need a separate relay to make them come on automatically and off when the headlights are turned on.

Question is are there better ones that have a proper DRL relay built in, I know there are now genuine Mitsubishi ones for new cars but they are really expensive and you have to get rid of the fog lights.

What have others done to add proper DRLs to their CJ?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:38 am

milhau5 wrote:Ive got a question about my recently installed foglights.. Ive put in 55w 4300k HIDs and the exterior casing gets really hot, I cant even hold my hand on it for more than 2 seconds before it starts to burn. Is this expected? What should I do?
milhau5 wrote:Ive got a question about my recently installed foglights.. Ive put in 55w 4300k HIDs and the exterior casing gets really hot, I cant even hold my hand on it for more than 2 seconds before it starts to burn. Is this expected? What should I do?

Probably a good idea to take them out and put the OEM globes back in before they melt.Super bright fog lights are useless.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

MINE
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MINE » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:41 pm

You can swap out for 35W and you'll probably be fine. I've been running 35W 6000K HIDs for over a year and I've had no issues. They still get hot (hot enough to melt E-tape lol), but no melting

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi guys/girls

I have put two new leds for my reverse lights

When I put it in 'R', they both come on, however after 5 seconds they both turn off

If I put it in 'N' then shift back to 'R' they both come on for another 5 seconds

Has anyone experienced this? Someone said try 'relays' which did nothing. Others have said resistors, however I don't want to do that if its not going to work 100% as I want to avoid splicing the genuine wires if I don't need too

both leds have been removed and tested, they are 100% working

Has anyone had any direct experience with this? Keen to find out why this is

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 pm

When I put the halogen bulbs back in they work as per normal

Yeah, I was thinking resistors. Then I was like hang on why do I need them and everyone else seems not to have an issue when they replace their with leds

I have also converted my fog lights,parker lights and AFS lights and they are working as per normal and all interior lights have been changed to led.

Not sure if all the other leds causing the issue,which then would be resistor related, but surely im not the only one to convert all bulbs to led

if so wouldn't everyone else be having the same issue....

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 am

I have the same issue in mine and I'm bummed because it's hit and miss with the colour temps. Finally found the one I'm using now and it's white with no blue tinge however when I put it into reverse, it's fine for about 5 secs then one of them starts flickering.

Also noticed the issue byzon3 has with them powering off (but that's when i was testing them after installation)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Has anyone tried these DRLs which apparently work with the existing fog lights on the VRX?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Daytime- ... 43d402dcce
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”