***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Not happy with OEM lights, need something better.

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:35 pm

we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Lancerman wrote:........ OK, So are any of the Mars Performance lights legal to run HIDs in ?? Tried to call them ( Mars ) today but no answer, their website says they are back from holidays today.........but no.........messagebank says they are still away............. *ohwell* ........

I don't think you will find any legal as they need auto level projector lenses and washers.

Personally I think it's fine to fit hid in projector headlights. Just make sure they are adjusted correctly.

I have the factory hid headlights. I don't think I have really ever used the headlight washers

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:47 pm

do look pretty rad but holy moly 8 hunj!?!?
燒

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Lancerman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 pm

billy boy wrote:not sure, but having a look through their lights, these look rad http://marsperformance.com.au/Black-3D-Stripe-LED-DRL-Bar-Projector-Head-Lights-Mitsubishi-Lancer-CJ-EVO-X-07-15

Yep,

I saw those ones Bill, but like Alex ( Kyrus ) said " 8 hunji " is a lot of hunji's to pay for 'em :shock: .

They do look bloody good though, wonder if a club buy on these is being contemplated ?? .......... to ease the wallet shock :(

I read somewhere on here that someone bought a pair of these recently , not sure if that's right or not *ohwell* ............can't seem to find the post....

Thanks Troy, might send you a PM if that's OK, seems like a few blokes do have HID's fitted to non washer-ated / non level-ated and non projecter-ated headlight housings .............

Time to do something.......

........... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Berek
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Berek » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Kyrus wrote:do look pretty rad but holy moly 8 hunj!?!?

Yup probably the best after market lights I've seen. Wouldn't mind a pair but I've just bought an MC.
EOI. 2008 MY09 VRX Front bumper complete. Foggies, pods, grille, badge.

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Lancerman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:57 pm

There's these..........

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-C ... SwBvNTp7kt

then you need these........

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-C ... 7MuX0ehGJw

But they " might not " fit Lancer's after 2011........??

Because something to do with wiring harness....... ???

And if they will fit.........

They don't have the washer thingy's...........so they are almost legal......Yes ??????

And they'll cost $967 ( posted to me ) ....

Just wish I had a spare 1000 shekals :( :( :(

Got hold of Mars today on the phone.....

All Mars Lancer headlights are projector low beam ( except the used OEM ones on their website ) and are HID compatable on low beam BUT none have the leveling thingo, washer thingo, bum wipe thingo that Mr ADR Australia says we must have for HID lights in Lancers.

Just thought I'd throw this info up in case anyone can afford the nearly legal Carwear ones in the above two links.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Hey Terry ..... you have a Private Message
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Lancerman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks Sam, got your PM :D

And replied *nod*

Talk then ??

Cheers :)

Shaun Patterson
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Shaun Patterson » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Lancerman wrote:.......... Theres these.......... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-C ... SwBvNTp7kt then you need these........ http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-C ... 7MuX0ehGJw But they might not fit Lancers after 2011........?? Because something to do with wiring harness....... ??? And if they will fit......... They dont have the washer thingys...........so they are almost legal......Yes ?????? And theyll cost $967 ( posted to me ) .... Just wish I had a spare 1000 shekals :( :( :( ..... Got hold of Mars today on the phone..... All Mars Lancer headlights are projector low beam ( except the used OEM ones on their website ) and are HID compatable on low beam BUT none have the leveling thingo, washer thingo, bum wipe thingo that Mr ADR Australia says we must have for HID lights in Lancers. Just thought Id throw this info up in case anyone can afford the nearly legal Carwear ones in the above two links. .......

wrong on that one, they need to be auto levelling having a switch leveller makes them no more legal than without unfortunetaly

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:31 pm

I rang & spoke to Tien @ CareWear yesterday just to confirm & clear-up a few things with regard to the OEM PROJECTOR STYLE HEADLIGHTS they sell.

They offer 2 variants:
Both Variants are imported from "DEPO" in Japan who supply Mitsubishi's Lighting.
They meet ADR Australian Design Rules (E-Mark "E4") which means they are legal for use here in Aust.

Variant "1" OEM Projector Style = $495.95
These Headlamp Assy's appear OEM as those found on the Aspire & EVO in Australia.
They "DO NOT" come fitted with any Globes. You need to purchase your own to suit.
Low Beam is a H7 Lamp Socket which allows you to use either a H7 Halogen Globe or a H7 HID Kit.
High Beam is a HB3 Lamp Socket which allows you to use either a 55W or 65W Halogen Globe of your choice.
Parker Globes are a T10 socket as OEM.
Blinker Globes are a T20 socket as OEM.

Variant "2" OEM Projector Style = $795.00
These Headlamp Assy's appear OEM as those found on the Aspire & EVO in Australia.
They "DO" come fitted with "ALL" Globes. You "DO NOT" need to purchase any extra.
Low Beam use the Industry Standard D2S HID Lamp Socket which is the same as OEM. HID Bulbs supplied are MTEC 6000K.
High Beam is a HB3 Halogen Lamp Socket. Halogen Globes supplied are MTEC MT-442 Super White 65W 5000K.
Parker Globes are a T10 socket as OEM. Globes supplied are High Power LED bulbs.
Blinker Globes are a T20 socket as OEM. Globes supplied are Invisible Stealth bulbs.
OEM Mitsubishi Headlight Leveling Switch & Leveling Motors.
Note: Provided your Lancer has the appropriate wiring arrangement within your existing Wiring Harness Plug/Connector.

They come fitted with OEM Mitsubishi HID D2S Ballasts and Bulb Igniters.
Image..Image

This pic shows the OEM Ballast fitted under the Headlamp Assembly as OEM fitment on the Aspire & EVO.
This is the same set-up on the $795 Variant "2" model.
All wiring to & from the Ballast is incorporated within the Headlamps wiring loom meaning no external/exposed wiring or Ballast securing within the Engine Bay.
This is "NOT" the set-up with the Variant "1" for $495.95 which require an optional H7 HID Kit.

Industry Standard D2S HID Bulb.

Appropriate Wiring requirement on Existing Wiring Harness.

Leveling Motors / Switch Add-On Pack

PRICE ASSESSMENT:
If you were to purchase the Variant "1" or Projector Headlamps from MARS or Others etc.
Headlamp approx $400 - $450 (Variant "1" $495)
HID H7 Kit approx $150 - $200 (Reputable Brand, Not some Cheap Crap)
HB3 65W 5000K High Beam Halogen Globes approx $50
T20 Invisible Stealth Blinker Globes approx $25
T10 LED Parker Globes approx $25
Total Approx: $650 - $795 ... (Without the Leveling Motors / Switch @ $115) :roll:

CONCLUSION: The Variant "2" @ $795 is the CLOSEST & MOST LEGAL to the OEM Mitsubishi Projector Headlamps.
The only part missing from the vehicle, are the OEM Pop-Out Washers, which I've honestly never used because the Headlamps just never get dirty enough in suburban driving to warrant their use.
Sam ..... *thumb*

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Nice write up Sam. Maybe this could be separated and sticked by a moderator/Admin?

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks Troy ..... *thumb* ..... I just spent 3hrs research, pics & edit/typing .... *faint*

Maybe an Admin could also sticky my "SUPER CIRCUIT" 4-2-1 HEADERS .... thread on page 2 in the Exhaust Section ..... :lol:
Sam ..... *thumb*

trevordd
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby trevordd » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:40 am

LED lights are really great upgrade. Besides a Lancer, I have an L200 pickup, and I recently got and LED lightbar from Ledoutfitters for it which is used for offroad driving. It is as light as during the daytime when I use them. So, I'd recommend to convert your lights to LEDs
Last edited by trevordd on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:05 am

That is interesting Trevor. I have been searching new car and a lot now seem to have led headlights. I will start test driving soon. I would like to test them at night in the country to compare to my Aspires hid headlights

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Not happy with OEM lights, need something better.

Postby Lancerman » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:46 am

G'day Team,

Have been away from here for a few months busy doing " other stuff " .............

Anyway,

Bumping this back up...... and getting back to the poor OEM headlight saga........

I ended up buying some Mars Headlights .........these ones here .....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Varis-CC ... SwgQ9Vrw~k

But haven't as yet fitted them.......mainly because the front bumper has to come off to do it..........but it now has to come off anyway because.........

2 months back I hit a bloody roo because of these SHIT OEM HEADLIGHTS .........

Low beam on, cars coming toward me in opposite direction on rural highway, heading to work just on dawn, BANG !!

Some other idiot ( I originally referred to as a part of female anatomy .....but this is a family forum ) hit it minutes before I'd assume and left it ( still alive ) in the middle of the road, I didn't see it until too late because of these SHIT OEM HEADLIGHTS.

Broke the lower valance section and lower grill approx in the middle ( looks like I lined the roo up for a centre hit but wasn't intentional )

I now need a new front bumper and grill inserts ( at the very least ).

As predicted earlier , the SHIT OEM HEADLIGHTS have passed their first failure test......

Will have to buy a new bumper as soon as funds come together enough to buy the parts and have them painted.

Not worth claiming on insurance, probably ??? won't cost me much more than my excess is and even if I did claim , because the hit is claimed to be an " at fault " accident ( the company can't sue the roo for claim costs ......yes, that's what they actually said )........if I claim then I'm put in the sin bin for three years and punished with highly elevated annual premiums because they can't sue a roo ????.........

I won't be able to afford a Mitsubishi bumper, will have to go aftermarket I think so will start up a post soon on suggestions for an aftermarket front bumper..........

Unless there's already a post up about recommendations for aftermarket front bumpers and what will fit what years etc ??

If there is, could someone throw me the link to it please?

Did I mention before about these SHIT OEM HEADLIGHTS ????

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................

Return to “Lighting”