***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2015 Side Mirror Markers fit on older model?

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: 2015 Side Mirror Markers fit on older model?

Postby adamhumphrey » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 am

I think to be able to use the folding mirrors on older cars. The etacs module has to be a certain version number to have the correct relays installed. I compared my wife's car and my car when I plugged in my tactrix and fired up Etacsdecoder and there was a big difference in version numbers. My car has a newer version number being a 2010 car and has folding mirrors from factory. The wife's car doesn't have folding mirrors and is from 2008. I found a website and inputed the etacs version and its sadly missing the relays to open/close the mirrors. So you then have to get a newer etacs with the relays and program to your car and run wires and hook up mirrors.
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: 2015 Side Mirror Markers fit on older model?

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:19 am

Thanks for the great reply.

Just wondering if the relay is needed for manual power fold?

Meaning you put in the mirrors and switch and power fold is just via the button and not when you lock the car.

Like I said got an auto electrician coming this week to install the battery saver for my dash cams so will ask him if he's done anything like this and what may be needed.

How hard is it to access the back of the mirror mounts on the inside of the door to see the plug and what wiring might be in the car? Never taken the cards of my CJ but did it a few times on the CC to install power mirrors and windows.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”