***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fog Lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jakemc8
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Fog Lights

Postby jakemc8 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Hey everbody,
Was just wondering of anybody has bought these foglights beforehttp://www.bodykitskingdom.co.uk/ ... ancer.html
and if so are they easy enough to install?
Thanks
Lancer es 09 owner, Future Evo X owner (Hopefully)
I want to mod my es to be different and not to be mistaken for a wanna be evo.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Looks like the instructions use very similar pictures as the OEM ones.
just take of the front bumper.
install fog lamps and relay.
Run toggle switch through firewall into cabin.
test
re-attach bumper.

As this has a switch you will need to run a cable through the firewall and into one of the un allocated buttons (next to where ASC-OFF is)

The genuine Mitsubishi fog lamps come with a replacement stalk with the fog lamp toggle switch on there.
Also the genuine fog lamps are controlled via ETACS and as such no wires need to be sent though the firewall.
You do however need to program your car to tell it that it has fog lamps with the MUT III tool. (dealer can do this)

I have a link to the OEM instructions here for your reference.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8y9I ... F9hblFvZmM

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Just checked out that link and saw something interesting, its OEM but it warns you to turn off the fog lights as they can drain your battery. But in my VRX the head lights and fog lights turn off automatically in 2 ways. First if you have it on auto setting as soon as the engine is off they go out, 2nd if you have them on manually and leave them of the beep at you the turn off after about 1 minute, saving your battery.

Also the wiring calls for wires through the fire wall. I thought they were meant to plug into the existing wiring loom?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:24 am

It looks like the BodyKits Kingdom one has the same connector harness however there must be a lead or something extra in there that bypasses ETACS ECU and has power going to the fog lamps.

There is only one way to find out for certain and that is to request a copy of the instructions from the seller.

Craig, When you buy the OEM fog lamps you receive a new combination stalk which replaces the existing one. The new one has the fog lamp toggle "ring".
Without this stalk you would need to have a switch somewhere else in the vehicle to turn on\off the lights as there is no direct switch from the stalk to the lamps. It's all controlled by the ETACS ECU to save money\weight on copper wires.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:13 am

I understand that but I thought the above kit was OEM so once wired up it should work like it came from the factory with the auto off. Just a little confused by the like which I thought was for the OEM set up?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”