***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Appears no power is running to the boot tail lights. Help?

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

3Mack
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Appears no power is running to the boot tail lights. Help?

Postby 3Mack » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:35 pm

So my new tail lights from mars arrived today; http://marsperformance.com.au/Smoked-LE ... n-07-15-KS.

However I ran into a bit of trouble with the pair that sits on the boot. The reverse lights work fine, no issues here. Although when I plug the power source for the LED's into the stock bulb harness and run it through to the car it will not work with the brakes. Thinking I've done something wrong, I tested it with the normal stock bulbs, these are now not getting any power either, tested with a voltmeter, still nothing. Brake lights on the side of the rear end are working fine, so is the middle brake light under the boot lip.

(The green plug is where my woes lie.)

They gave me two volt resistors (I think their called), not too sure where to splice these into either, the wires coming out of the A/M lights or the main power wires before the bulb's housing?

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

3Mack
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 3Mack » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:11 pm

UPDATE: Everything seeeeems to be working pretty well now, idk what the problem was before but all LED's are in good shape; still not sure what to do with the resistors and if not having them will cause any problems. Anyone with the same sort of lights shed some light?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:37 pm

One thing I know about LED lights is they must be wired around the right way + and - or they won't work.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”