***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Red LED Footwell Lights

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lockybris
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Red LED Footwell Lights

Postby Lockybris » Sun May 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to add some footwell lights to my 2008 VRX in the stock red colour. I was wondering if anyone has bought any recently that are pretty much the same red. Happy to buy online or in-store around Brisbane. I'm all good for the wiring side of it, so much info already on here about it.
Thanks
Locky

elementrb
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby elementrb » Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am

I am about to start hti sproject myself, ordered the red LED strip (5m) off ebay. You can tap into the fuse box so they will fade with the interior lights too.

Will take some pics when I am done. As I have 5m I will do up some 'kits' and list em in the FS section =)

Doing the same with my headlights for DRL (in cool white). Will kit up the rest of the LED strips with wiring for easy install for others.

Cheers - J
~2009 Lancer RA Sportback~
~Mods: Custom intake, TD05, TurboSmart Kompact BOV, Hyperflow 100cell Cat, Hyperflow catback exhaust and upgrade IC, 2.5" IC piping kit, GS 3-Port, NA AUtosport Dyno Tune, Optima Redtop in the boot, Koya Racing SF01 18x9 +35, BC BR Coilovers, EvolutionX Designs Coilcover~

jakemc8
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jakemc8 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Just butting in but has anyone tried wiring the leds to the dome light fuse by just wrapping the red wire to the fuse teeth and then wiring the negative to the metal bolt?
Wanting to buy some leds from ebay but want to know if this will work before I buy them.
Lancer es 09 owner, Future Evo X owner (Hopefully)
I want to mod my es to be different and not to be mistaken for a wanna be evo.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Can't wait to see this done, have see some costly genuine ones on eBay but was hoping to do some white (or yellow) ones on the cheap. But still fading with the roof lights if I can find where to wire them.

Help on mounting them would be good too.

Also has anyone tried running some under the seats for the rear foot wells or in the doors to light up the ground when the door is opened?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”