***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Indicators

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

Indicators

Postby JA55KO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Just a curious question... i was driving home today from the shop and just lightly tapped the blinker handle and it didnt fully click in, and the blinker flashed 3 times and then stopped so i tryed this a few times and it tends to always flash three times if the handle hasnt clicked in.... does everyones car do this or is it time to go kick the mitsubishi service guys ass???

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Its just the Mitsubishi Lancer - it's called a Lane Change Indicator...It's a GOOD thing..
basically it's designed so that we can lightly tap it to change lanes and not be an old granny and leave it flashing.
To turn corner though must click in so that its flashing all the way through the corner - it'll unclick like a normal car as you turn the wheel back to straight.

Josh

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah! thats just another special feature of the CJ! it's the Lane Change feature! just push your indicator slightly and it will flash 3 times so you can change lanes, cool isn't it!

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:22 pm

I know I love it!
Gotta love the CJ's automatic shit.
Lights, Wipers, Indicators - I just have to drive!

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JA55KO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:24 pm

yeh its pretty handy, it just freaked me out that night coz i had never even heard of it before since i used to have a ce lancer before this and it was pretty shitty compared to a cj

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Didn;t the salesman mention it? They're supposed to when they run you through everything when you pick up the car...

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JA55KO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Maybe...i just wanted to get out of there and drive the new car and i was mainly looking around the car to see if it had any scratches on it, so yer i was a bit distracted

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Yes - It's a feature on nearly all European cars and is one of the best things ever... My dad's old Mercedes SL had it and that was from the 70's... LOL

I have found too that the noise of the indicator can be so quiet at times, I missed the fact it didn't cancel it, or I forgot, so I end up cruising around with it on for a while .....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Tarquin wrote:Yes - It's a feature on nearly all European cars and is one of the best things ever... My dad's old Mercedes SL had it and that was from the 70's... LOL

I have found too that the noise of the indicator can be so quiet at times, I missed the fact it didn't cancel it, or I forgot, so I end up cruising around with it on for a while .....

+1 Yeah it needs to be louder!! lol...

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:02 am

Tarquin qualifies as one of those old granny's that I mentioned..
It should be second nature to turn them off - but auto-off works as well :)
I always used to forget to turn my LIGHTS on at night...I used to get flashed so much....Then I got my nice automatic-everything Lancer :)
Then I drove Dad's 2007 Pajero (We like our Mitsu's) when he went on hols (I needed to save some petrol money SOMEHOW and he left the keys on the top) and I drove 60% of the way home with the lights off - I didn't realise til I hit the 100 zone - about 20 km's from where I started - and ran out of streetlights...

homieG
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby homieG » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:01 am

love this feature! use it everytime i drive my car!

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:07 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:Tarquin qualifies as one of those old granny's that I mentioned..

Bah !! back in my day.... young whippersnappers like you respected your elders..... Now, get over there and wash my car like I asked ya.... j/k

*I'm not that old.... :cry:
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 am

I was joking haha although thanx for taking it well :) quality people like u make the world a better place. I know a couple of people who'd rant and rave at a comment like that.
I'm British by birth and for the frist 10 years of my life - I have a dry wit that revolves around insinuations...often insulting but jokey jokey always.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:13 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:I was joking haha although thanx for taking it well :) quality people like u make the world a better place. I know a couple of people who'd rant and rave at a comment like that.
I'm British by birth and for the frist 10 years of my life - I have a dry wit that revolves around insinuations...often insulting but jokey jokey always.

+1 josh

Return to “Lighting”