***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Evo X switch LED polarity help

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

gange
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Evo X switch LED polarity help

Postby gange » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:46 pm

A friend in America is changing the LEDs in my switches for me but has a bit of a problem. As he doesn't have the IC spray button so he doesn't know which terminal is + or -.

As LEDs only work one way and I don't know how to test them, does anyone know which terminal is which ?

He has wired my AWC button and tested it but doesn't have a ASC OFF button and again can't tell which is + or -. As the circuit boards of the 2 switches are similar he is hoping that they are wired the same way. Can anyone confirm this?

I am no help as this is out of my league Any help from you electronic geniuses would be much appreciated .

cheers

ps. I have photos but can't get them attached

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:43 am

Im not following. Does he want to know where on the switch circuit board the positive side and negative side is? Why not just plug it in and use a multimeter to measure the contacts?
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

gange
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gange » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 pm

He can't do that in America as they don't have the intercooler spray switches and setup as standard like we do in oz.

And I don't know how to do it on my car :(

gange
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gange » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:46 pm

delta_fragma wrote:I seem to recall that the green and white striped wire on each of the plugs for the buttons is the positive for illumination. Ill have a look in the workshop manual when I get home.

Thanks mate :)

Return to “Lighting”