***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Anyone using Philips X-treme Vision 100%+ Globes??

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Anyone using Philips X-treme Vision 100%+ Globes??

Postby aussie027 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience using Philips X-treme Vision 100%+ Globes ??

Autobarn in Perth has them 20% off so I thought I might upgrade low and high beams with them.
I think they are rated at 3700K so whiter than stock but up to an extra 35m throw distance than standard, ( possibly).

Guy at store I spoke to says they were great compared to stock.
My stock globes nearly 7yo but one article online said life expectancy of these globes may only be 18-24mo?? Does that sound right?? Any advice from any users would be appreciated. :)

PS- I'm not interested in non ADR compliant globes like Crystal or Diamond vision that are whiter/bluer but have less throw distance than standard halogens. I've read the other threads concerning them.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Which autobarn Matt I will check out that deal? Yes these globes can have a shorter life expectancy

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 pm

All of them in Perth, all this week the guy said. I got the catalogue in the mailbox 2 days ago. $64/pair.
Im going to Balcatta store.
Crystalvision 4300K for $80/pair too.

Will call a nearby Autospark and other auto electrical store that Philips had listed as stockists on their website.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Looks like I'll be visiting my local store (Malaga) tomorrow

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Akram,
if you go and get them and fit them, please let me know what you think re colour and increase in light throw distance.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Will do.

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 am

there are some plus 80% on Ebay for 45, I'd like to know how these go too, my headlights are getting old

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 am

Well since apparently no one else on our forums uses these globes or saw this post to comment I went out today and bought them. I did quite a bit of research on the net and found virtually everyone was very happy with them.
I replaced low & high beams and the park lights, 2 of which came with each set of globes.

Watch out re prices and shop around, some places are charging $100/pair whilst other stores are $65. Some online stores in mid 50's plus S & H.

The lights are whiter than standard globes, all the Philips catalogues I could find for them said they were 3700K but on the box it says 3350K.

Lows- HB4- 9006XVSM 51W
Highs- HB3- 9005XVSM 60W

I tested the old and new and made some measurements on a dark unlit sports ground access road close to my home.

These globes do what they claim, add approx 35m to their coverage distance over standard globes!! Especially on low beam.
My low beam coverage is better to both the sides and distance with absolute max range out to over 100M.
High beam range is in excess of 250M, probably closer to 300M.

WARNING--
Replacing the existing globes and the park lights was a F!@#$% absolute Ball Buster to put it damn politely!!

Mitsubishi engineers should be taken out and shot for their design efforts and I am not kidding!!
I will be making a complaint to Mitsubishi Australia directly.

Because the chassis framework covers the rear of the headlights It is almost totally impossible to get your man hands in to replace anything without removing numerous nearby items, let alone see what you need to.
The manual instructions are wrong and also incomplete on these points.

On the LHS your head and torso will be under the hood and behind its vertical holding arm and your arms on either side of it. If you knock it out of its hole the hood will be down on your head.

The park bulb replacement requires you to work completely blind and by feel when trying to remove and especially to replace the holder in the mounting hole.

The low beams are difficult to do and again almost impossible to see anything before getting your hands in there then it is all by feel.

The high beams were a nightmare on both sides and required the disconnection of a wiring harness and the removal of its bracket on the LHS and on the RHS the removal of the radiator overflow tank and the washer fluid filler neck.
Even then it is a very difficult fit trying to get a grip on the connector and at same time to LIFT , NOT PUSH the tab as it says in the manual, to pop it off, it was all very painful, my knuckles are red , bruised and sore.
I am pretty dextrous and my hands are not overly big for a large man but I had to get into contortionist positions with arm, hand, fingers and head to try and get this all done.
IF you have very small and strong hands/fingertips you may have an easier time of it, maybe!!
An extremely unpleasant and long experience to do what should have been a very short and simple job. Yeah right!

Unlike in the older RWD cars there is no room what so ever under the hood of most FWD modern cars to do even the simplest of tasks.

OK my rant over, I hope that will help anyone who has to replace a headlight globe. Cheers.

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 am

haha, these bulbs are meant to be pretty good, mate used them and gave a review similar to yours.

And if u think the lancer is bad when it comes to changing bulbs, u should look at a wrx or a rx8. hahaha those things are impossible.
燒

Roadtrain
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Roadtrain » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:57 pm

I also read that Osrams Night Breaker Plus Were on Par with the Phillips, the difference was the price.
Port Macquarie Ralliarts

Return to “Lighting”