***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Multiple HID kits

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 am

Couldn't have said it any better Adrian.

And yes HIDs in foggies are stupid and despite what every 2nd commodore wanker does they are illegal to use whilst there is no fog and will attract a fine and demerit points (in NSW atleast). The reason why you shouldn't be using HIDs in them is that the hotter the light output (Kelvin rating) the shorter the wavelength of the light and the more easily it is scattered by the small water particles that make up fog. As a result of this it actually hinders your vision and it's for this reason you want to be staying as yellow (lower K rating) as possible in your foggies. Similarly that's why you are supposed to have washers fitted in HID systems as the shorter wavelength light from a HID is more easily scattered (producing glare for oncoming drivers) by dirt particles on the lens...

qudans
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby qudans » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 am

OEM Halogen bulbs emit 3300k don't they? What all you said ryan is correct, so wouldn't HID's with an even lower Kelvin rating be more beneficial. ie. 3000k is like a JDM yellow. With my (albeit) limited knowledge, I just can't get my head around that bit. I do acknowledge Graham's point though about scattering of light being bad for foggy conditions but at the same time the light in front of you would be a lot more penetrating wouldnt it? Isn't that a good thing? Eh.. this is mostly all academic anyway im not planning to change any time soon - but I was considering it for the future.

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

I am one that do not give a rat's arse about the theories of HID setups. Those fitted properly are fine but I hate those that are not because they glare so badly and it's so much worst in the rain, having some wanker's stupid setup blinding me in a raining night and obstructing all visibility to other cars behind.

If I get one behind me, I go extremely slow to make them overtake me. I report them if they let me catch a glimpse of their plate because they are as much as a hazard on the road as like driving under the influence.

leevin
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby leevin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Jmi wrote:I am one that do not give a rat's arse about the theories of HID setups. Those fitted properly are fine but I hate those that are not because they glare so badly and it's so much worst in the rain, having some wanker's stupid setup blinding me in a raining night and obstructing all visibility to other cars behind.

If I get one behind me, I go extremely slow to make them overtake me. I report them if they let me catch a glimpse of their plate because they are as much as a hazard on the road as like driving under the influence.

to true, but most hids glare off the rain anyway, even if set up well. SO BETTER NOT BE ME YOU REPORT!!! hahaha.
07 CJ VRX BLACK LANCER

RedCanuck
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby RedCanuck » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

Hey SIR VRX thanks for all the detailed info as I am looking at HID's and Angel eyes soon too...cool to hear all the feedback.
BertMans-Red-Rocket

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:The japanparts.com assemblies include the ballasts, globes and the assembly from what I understood. All original Mitsubishi genuine :D I should price up the assemblies only at my dealership :)

Once you get the part #s from your dealer, could you pls forward them my way so I can see what our sponsors can do about the price?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm

No worries at all mate! WOW I love the look of your car in your avatar! The bonnet vinyls look awesome!!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 pm

ofey wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:The japanparts.com assemblies include the ballasts, globes and the assembly from what I understood. All original Mitsubishi genuine :D I should price up the assemblies only at my dealership :)

Once you get the part #s from your dealer, could you pls forward them my way so I can see what our sponsors can do about the price?

Yes will do ofey!

Return to “Lighting”