***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which fog lights to get?

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

lantourismo wrote:[quote:c9f8a3f315=delta_fragma]Well hey, I get my car back on Saturday! So guess what Ill be doing! :D Yep, works fine in my car with just the interior thermistor.[/quote:c9f8a3f315] does it rhyme with colour screen?

eerrrmmm.... wha?
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm

delta_fragma wrote:[quote:1bcb2bbf30=Zaphod][quote:a36842df21=lantourismo][quote:c9f8a3f315=delta_fragma]Well hey, I get my car back on Saturday! So guess what Ill be doing! :D Yep, works fine in my car with just the interior thermistor.[/quote:c9f8a3f315] does it rhyme with colour screen?[/quote:a36842df21] eerrrmmm.... wha?[/quote:1bcb2bbf30] I so happen to have a colour cluster just begging to be installed!

Keep me informed please

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:21 am

delta_fragma wrote: I so happen to have a colour cluster just begging to be installed!

Well if it's going begging, I'm more than happy for you to install it in mine...

:-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

ashleymorris
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ashleymorris » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:31 am

MyEducation wrote:and lastly wiring ideas? I was thinking of getting one of those buttons like the traction control button behind the steering wheel on the bottom right. or should I do it the usual onto the existing fog light thingo (when you turn the light knob once)

Not sure where you are in the country, but in QLD it's illegal to have your fog lights on when it's not foggy. So you wouldn't want them wired into the parkers/low beams.

I have been looking for some for mine, because I want them purely for looks. I just keep checking Gumtree for any that are being wrecked!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 am

Correct for fog lights in Qld; driving lights can only come on with headlights, it apparently it's ok to have white lights as DRLs as long as they come on as soon as you start the car and go off as soon as your parker's go on.

Doesn't hurt to replace the lamps with LEDs either... (this is according to an auto electrician I deal with...)

I still want to put the halos in mine eventually!

:-)

Return to “Lighting”