***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which fog lights to get?

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MyEducation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Which fog lights to get?

Postby MyEducation » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some foglights to fit into my lancer
I'm not sure which ones to get tho:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2008-2012-MITSUBISHI-LANCER-CLEAR-BUMPER-FOG-LIGHTS-KIT-/380699276076
or
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121265313292&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I'm not sure which ones to get because I dunno if they'll fit, question being is the 08 Lancer exterior generally the same as the 14 Lancer? because i see this a lot on ebay with things listed as fitting 08-12 whilst mine is a 14 lancer, but seems to me they are pretty much the same.

Thanks in Advance
Vic

Was also wondering, how much would it ~ cost to install them?

and lastly wiring ideas? I was thinking of getting one of those buttons like the traction control button behind the steering wheel on the bottom right. or should I do it the usual onto the existing fog light thingo (when you turn the light knob once)

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:31 pm

No, the MY2013/2014 use different ones to the MY2011/2012 and the MY2008/2010 are different again - I've just been through all this myself.

I ended up getting the genuine Mitsubishi ones, which are dearer, but they fit perfectly, and the kit comes with the right surrounds, the wiring loom (so you can just literally plug & play), a relay to pop into the fusebox, a replacement indicator stalk with the extra ring to turn you foggiest on & off and all the clips, screws & connectors you need - all up it's probably better value!

They're around $400 from Mitsubishi, but have a look at these:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/paradise ... 61?ref=ais

:-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

MyEducation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MyEducation » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Zaphod wrote:No, the MY2013/2014 use different ones to the MY2011/2012 and the MY2008/2010 are different again - Ive just been through all this myself. I ended up getting the genuine Mitsubishi ones, which [i:fe26eddeb7]are[/i:fe26eddeb7] dearer, but they fit perfectly, and the kit comes with the right surrounds, the wiring loom (so you can just literally plug & play), a relay to pop into the fusebox, a replacement indicator stalk with the extra ring to turn you foggiest on & off and all the clips, screws & connectors you need - all up its probably better value! Theyre around $400 from Mitsubishi, but have a look at these: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/paradise ... 61?ref=ais :-)

Ahh thanks a lot for clearing that up! Genuine OEM ones are a bit pricey for me, might hunt round online for a bit. Looking round the $200 range but will consider the Genuines. Thanks for clearing that up! Also one last question, does this apply for all things or just foggies? like the MY08/10, MY11/12, MY13/14

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 pm

The exhaust is different (after the rear axle, the older models have a muffler that sits across the back, ours kicks across to the RHS and is a smaller muffler that runs straight back)

The radiator is slightly different, the boot is slightly different (I have a boot liner from an older model that doesn't fit properly)

You're also limited to what kind of front splitter you can put on as our front bumper is different from some others.

You also have a more sophisticated ECU - for example, it's really hard to get bluetooth into the older models, but ours has it (that touchscreen head unit I sent you the link to won't fit anything before MY2013 - sorry - I thought yours was an ES model, not an LX, so it's no use to you! :-/ - wearing my eejit head today...

You also get map lights with a microphone already installed for your phone.

You would be able to pick up those fog lights for $255...

Cheers.
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:26 pm

You sure the radiator is different ? The bumpers are the same unless yours came with a RA bumper, as to the boot liner, can't see why they would change it.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Boot liner is definitely different, I know from first-hand experience - they changed (cheapened) the suspension - for example, there's no attachment points for a sway-bar on the lower control arms - I'll have to grab some off a VRX...

The bottom radiator hose runs from/to a different position apparently.

The Sports and Activ front dam versions were slightly different.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Also what is missing from new lower spec lancers is a rear sway bar and mounting points for one.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Yes, I mentioned that... and the suspension...

See Brendan-Who-Knws-Things - I do listen!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:31 pm

If your ears start burning on the weekend, it'll be me trying to install all the goodies that Unis sent... particularly a climate-control system!

*peace*

BTW - you are sure it'll work ok without the photosensor...?

Cheers!

MyEducation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MyEducation » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Zaphod wrote:The exhaust is different (after the rear axle, the older models have a muffler that sits across the back, ours kicks across to the RHS and is a smaller muffler that runs straight back) The radiator is slightly different, the boot is slightly different (I have a boot liner from an older model that doesnt fit properly) Youre also limited to what kind of front splitter you can put on as our front bumper is different from some others. You also have a more sophisticated ECU - for example, its really hard to get bluetooth into the older models, but ours has it (that touchscreen head unit I sent you the link to wont fit anything before MY2013 - sorry - I thought yours was an ES model, not an LX, so its no use to you! :-/ - wearing my eejit head today... You also get map lights with a microphone already installed for your phone. You would be able to pick up those fog lights for $255... :-) Cheers.

Ah thanks really good information to know haha
Also would like to add in, the window sizes on the MY08-12's are different to the ones on the MY13/14s, know first hand from putting on window visors. Matched them up on a friend's lancer and then onto mine, they fit perfectly onto his. Seems like his windows were slightly smaller and has very subtle curvature difference :P

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

delta_fragma wrote:Well hey, I get my car back on Saturday! So guess what Ill be doing! :D Yep, works fine in my car with just the interior thermistor.

I really don't want to know... as long as you don't do it in public, you should be fine...

8)

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

delta_fragma wrote:Well hey, I get my car back on Saturday! So guess what Ill be doing! :D Yep, works fine in my car with just the interior thermistor.
does it rhyme with colour screen?

Return to “Lighting”