***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

DRL help!

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Micoa
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

DRL help!

Postby Micoa » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:37 pm

hey guys,

i recently went on ebay to buy some LED DRL strips and a controller to automatically switch them on when the car turns on and switch off when the head lights turn on, however what i am stuck with is why the DRL controller doesnt turn off the DRL's when the car is turned off.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350645212717 ... 1497.l2649

E.g. to turn off the DRL's i would need to turn off my car and turn on the head lights to effectively turn them off...

Do you guys know any other way of getting the DRL's to turn off when the car turns off?

the Controller is hooked to the Battery and the tripping wire is linked to the headlight fuse.

Any suggestions would be highly regarded!

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm

You have + and - and i believe the other wire has to be hooked up to the light switch... hmm so the white wire is also a positive (+) i belive it can be hooked up to accessories or positive, in that way when you turn your car off the DRL's will go off as well,
What i would do if i was you, i was gonna hook up the positive and negative straight to the parkers, but that's just an idea!

Micoa
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Micoa » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Where would i get the power source from, i just wanted the lights to only have power when my car is on the "on" position...

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:56 pm

if you want to turn on with your headlights White = Trigger wire. Connect to power wire of the sidelight /parking lights or headlights
But if you want it on when you turn the ignition on you can connect the wire to the positive wire from the cig lighter or fuse box
hope this helps

Micoa
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Micoa » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks guys!

i think i'm gonna get a fuse tap and get power from the cig lighter. now i need to find a hole through the firewall....

Return to “Lighting”