***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Philips 'BlueVision' vs 'Crystal Vision' vs 'Diamond Vision'

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Frosty
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Philips 'BlueVision' vs 'Crystal Vision' vs 'Diamond Vision'

Postby Frosty » Mon May 27, 2013 6:43 pm

This topic seems to be danced around a bit in semi-related threads; but I would like to make a thread just for this purpose..

I am looking to replace my headlight bulbs with aftermarket Philips bulbs but I am unsure of which variety to get. What I have gleaned so far is:

BlueVision = 4000K (not blue at all)
Crystal Vision = 4300K
Diamond Vision = 5000K (Brightest white Philips offers in halogen bulbs)

I would like to hear opinions from anyone who has these bulbs; would you recommend them?
How noticeable is the upgrade from the driver's position and from outside?
And finally, I very much doubt it, but have you had any trouble with authorities?
2.0L - K&N Typhoon SRI - High-Flow Exhaust System - Merlinised

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Mon May 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I have the Crystal Visions. They are great but would like more blue tinge.

You can definitely tell the difference from the stock globes though which is nice. I have not run into any trouble with authorities :)

pana161
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pana161 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:55 pm

^^ yeah same here, I installed crystal visions about 2 weeks ago and love the white light but wish they were a little more blueish.

Only downside that I found was the beam of light they project isn't as good as the stock halogens

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon May 27, 2013 6:59 pm

I run diamond vision. I've had them on for over a year now and have had no trouble with authorities either.

Lighting wise, it's a lot bluer/whiter then stock however it doesnt compare to HID's in terms of the whiteness that those systems can provide.

As said above, the light that is projected is no where as good as the stock ones either.
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

woollzz
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby woollzz » Mon May 27, 2013 7:14 pm

I just order blue visions for my low and high beams, and my fog lights. I'll let you know how they are when I get them.

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Mon May 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Rule of thumb: the whiter/bluer you go, the less penetration the light beam has at night. Hence why stock globes output yellow light, and why fog lights are even more yellow.

Frosty
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frosty » Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks for the info so far guys; and I look forward to hearing from you woollzz.
Those with Diamond Vision; do you think the loss of penetration power is worth the trade-off for the whiter/bluish light?

KaiKat
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby KaiKat » Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I have Crystal Vision bulbs in my AFS lights and I like them and no issues.

But beware that the Crystal and Diamond Vision aren't ADR approved
TrojanHorse: Kyle, the red rocket!

Kendo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Kendo » Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 pm

I have the Crystal Visions, and they\'re white enough for me. Diamond Visions don\'t last as long and so I wouldn\'t get them. I am considering taking my Crystal Visions out as I don\'t particularly want to tempt JustCar with non ADR bulbs as a young driver.

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Frosty wrote:Thanks for the info so far guys; and I look forward to hearing from you woollzz. Those with Diamond Vision; do you think the loss of penetration power is worth the trade-off for the whiter/bluish light?

If what you want is the look, then I think Diamond Vision is worth it. I do mostly city driving in well lit areas so the loss of vision isnt that much of a worry. However if i did more driving in ill lit areas, then definitely a no go. I know sometimes in the suburbs i've been forced to turn on the highbeams because it was too dark, that was when i regretted getting Diamond Vision (Unfortunately my highbeams are even worse... Nokya 7000k so theyre next to useless :P ). When these bulbs go I'll be getting something a little bit more sensible. Probably not back to stock colour as I still like the white tint to the light.
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)

-Cosworth Air Filter

-Evo X BOV

-Evo X Intercooler

-Grimmspeed 3 port

-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP

-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm gonna be ordering the BlueVisions tonight as well...I reckon it'll satisfy my want for 'blue/whiteness'....not really wanting to go the non-ADR route....yet!

Frosty
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frosty » Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for all the info guys! It's a tossup between the Crystal and the Diamond visions at this point - I'm always a fan of practicality but I do like the look of ever-so-slightly bluish headlights.
I think Diamond Vision takes the cake this time.

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Tue May 28, 2013 2:05 am

just checked mine and i have the crystal vision for high beams which gives a funky blue look in the headlights. (i've got a philips HID for low beam).

been pretty impressed, when country driving, i do notice that the hi-beams just don't quite have enough light - if i was going to do it again, would go for the x-treme vision for the high beams
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 am

Ive had Blue Visions previously, they in no way project blue light. The name seems to only reflect that the outside of the bulb is tinted blue. The light output is as typically yellow as std incandescent bulbs.

I'm currently running Crystal Visions. Appreciably brighter light output, with noticeably whiter appearance. If you want 'ricer blue' you'd probably best to step up further in bulb temperature.

Return to “Lighting”