***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

headlight Projectors

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm

el3ment wrote:[quote:5467fc979b=himynameisdaniel][b:5467fc979b]They also need to have a leveling switch either fully auto or manual adjustment from your cabin.[/b:5467fc979b] But lets be honest, the general population of regular drivers who have HIDs how many times would they wash their lights? (the switch is usually different to the main stork) my understanding is that along as you have operational washers and fluid in the reservoir your defect free. And i can say that allot of people do not have properly aligned headlights either... Some people ride their high-beams everywhere The most obvious thing is having HIDs in halogen reflectors. this will cause light to be scattered in every direction and can be noticed quite easily to a trained eye. Its all a matter of current law enforcement priorities which may change in the future. currently in SA you will get defected for a blown bulb. police seem to be actively targeting this for the moment from what Ive seen[/quote:5467fc979b] Thats bull. I know the Evo X MRs Ive seen (MY08) dont have levelling switches inside the cabin. They need to be adjusted on the headlight itself...

The Evo's usually have self leveling headlights, so they don't need the switch inside. There are sensors on the suspension that make them move up or down depending on the level of the shock.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

there are lots of loopholes.
If you car was manufactured before a certain date prior to the rules then you could get away with it if you can prove its OEM.

http://sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+tra ... umentation

A quick google found this for SA at least..

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:16 am

You really need to have washers and level switch for HIDs. Man why is there so many rules.

Well i guess if im going to get HIDs im going to have to mount washers on the front and levels.

I really like the looks of belle projectors. But i dont think they can handle hids.

Im sure the spyders projectors can take hids as the lens are glass ,well what ever they call the glass lol and that they can with stand the heat of hids.
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 am

You really need to have washers and level switch for HIDs. Man why is there so many rules.

Well i guess if im going to get HIDs im going to have to mount washers on the front and levels.

I really like the looks of belle projectors. But i dont think they can handle hids.

Im sure the spyders projectors can take hids as the lens are glass ,well what ever they call the glass lol and that they can with stand the heat of hids.
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Return to “Lighting”