***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

National Daytime Running Lights FAQ

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Skrallex
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Skrallex » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 am

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I have a question regarding wiring them up as proper DRL's.

My front headlights are a bit cloudy from the inside, making them look not as good as I would hope. Had my eyes on some angel eyes for a while (specifically, these ones), but wasn't too sure about how to wire them up legally for WA so that the DRL's turn off when headlights turn on. Is this feature built into the internal wiring of the lights, or do I need to get some sort of relay and hook it up too?

Once again, apologies if this has already been answered, I know it's an older thread, but it was very helpful.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 am

There are some gray areas with DRLs, factory ones don't need to turn off completely with the head lights, many just dim, you might have seen this on some Audi's and Merc's. The ones I got on my CJ dim and don't go off which I like and I've not been pulled over for them, maybe because they look factory.

As for those you'll probably need to speak to an auto electrician, depends if the controller is build in or external.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”