***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Illuminated Emblem LED rear

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Xxmattxx100
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xxmattxx100 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 am

firstly you take the lining off on the inside of the boot by uncliping those little clips out with a flathead, then unplug the center back light. i then closed the boot, rule a line extending out ofeach of the points to give you a pre ruled template for your illuminated emblem to go on straight and in the middle of the boot. then put a blowdryer over the symbal for like 20 seconds but keep an eye on it, you dont wanna over heat it cuz then the symbal will crinkle a little. But just put enough on it to loosen the glue, then get some fishing line and run it behind it, remember you may have to put this emblem back on one day so keep it, and take good care of it when taking it off. pack it away and yeah, then i cleaned it up got the glue off the boot then drilled the hole in the boot were the wires come out of the back of the new emblem, prolly a 2mm hole just for the 2 wires to go through, try make sure you drill the hole were the old emblem was because if you ever go put it back on you don't want a hole to the side of the stock emblem. then took the backing tape off lined it up with the lines i drew before and stuck it on, opened up the boot and looped the wires over each of the terminals of the plug from the center light. then plugged it back in carefully, had my friend in the front seat keeping the brakes on so i knew it was all working good, Took a couple of tries to get it right, once it's in bobs your uncle, your done. just put the lining back on and clip it all back in.

unfortunately i dont have pictures of the install itself. but the write up shouldn't leave you with any question's. it's all pretty straight forward, litterally took me like 10 minutes.

Xxmattxx100
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xxmattxx100 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

the first 2 photo's lol

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Here is my front one

Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

Xxmattxx100
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xxmattxx100 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I'd like to do that, do you have a link on were you got it? and a quick rundown? if you dont mind the time?

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 pm

I bought it from another member Meaty.
This one is similar to mine http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/option-one-car-logo-light-for-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Lioncei-car-badge-lightings-auto-led-light-auto/107398_463017917.html
They also have one with multiple colours http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/542281068-option-two-car-logo-light-for-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Lioncei-car-badge-lightings-auto-led-light-auto-wholesalers.html
It is just spliced into the parker light wiring so it comes on with the head lights. There is a basic how to in pictures on their page for the rear one.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

CJVRX wrote:Yeah looks good would prob be better if u disabled the middle break light, the diamond would stand out more
Just a word of warning "disabling" the third brake light will be throwing your vehicle compliance out the window and may make you defectable by a keen eyed cop.... and if you got rear ended a keen insurance assessor would wash their hands of the claim and blame it on your car technically being road worthy.
That being said we all make decisions and choices on how e modify our cars, so you are best to make an educated choice....

Oh and the mod looks great though. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Xxmattxx100
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xxmattxx100 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm

i completely agree, that's why i haven't disabled the back break light, now to many many cops they'd consider this legal, but i dont want to give them any reason to think otherwise, and disabling the back break light would just cause hell over nothing, didn't even consider it :)

Xxmattxx100
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xxmattxx100 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 pm

not worth risking it. it's led's too there's like 5 or 6 of them pretty big coinsidence they're all blown

LovethatCar4
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re:

Postby LovethatCar4 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:23 am

malkinfalcon wrote:Looks GREAT but really wana c a day pic! They sell 'em all over e-bay..I adjusted my white one and placed it behind the emblem, shit quality pic - Image

What did you connect it to? To power it I mean.

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Re:

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 pm

LovethatCar4 wrote:
malkinfalcon wrote:Looks GREAT but really wana c a day pic! They sell 'em all over e-bay..I adjusted my white one and placed it behind the emblem, shit quality pic - Image

What did you connect it to? To power it I mean.
\

Would imagine tap into your parkers would be easier, then when they come on so does the emblem
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re:

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm

zedd82 wrote:Here is my front one

Nice use of light for the photo. I really need to find a nicely lit and diserted carpark to do some shots like this.

Not sure about the illuminated emblems though, but each to their own. I'm sure there are some that don't like the yellow bits on my black VRX.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Lighting”