***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Neons???

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JonoLangsammer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JonoLangsammer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 am

Hey guys.. I've got 9 neons inside my car.. I have two green ones on the floor which light up when i unlock my car.. than i have two red ones on the floor aswell.. the green ones turn of when you close the door.
You can see 3 red neons the ones on top flash to the beat so does the green ones on the gear stick..

looks really good when you crank up the music..
all the lights have a rocket switch which is hidden :)

Image Click Image to Enlarge [URL=http://www.imagecross.com/]
Jono Langsammer

JonoLangsammer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Neons???

Postby JonoLangsammer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 am

drake89 wrote:Id just like to know the laws of neons in queensland if anyone knows?

Ive herd there legal while stationary and ive also herd there not legal at all!

Can someone please clarify for me? =)

Thanks!

Hey how you doin... Im Jono by the way Lol..

Im in brisbane Queensland.. I got pulled over by the cops because i had blue LED's parkers on the front of my car.. The cop said that you can't have blue or red in the front of the car due to thats police colours.. it was $100 fine and 1 point.. ( which was never taken away :) )..

My girlfriend dad is a cop so i asked him about it too..
with my neons in the car you can't see them when you drive past it unless i put on the green ones.. but still if you see a coppa i still turn them off just in cause..

with underglow neons ( under the car ) you can have them on when your in " Park " but not when driving..

I hope it helped out .
Jono Langsammer

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:31 pm

1 demerit for coloured parkers? I think that cop is telling you porkies.. I doubt it would even be a fine, just a defect notice.

Then again, I'd prefer a $100 fine to a defect notice ;)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:09 pm

that is true you cannot have any blue or red lights on the front of your car. well you can just not wile driving. i do believe it is 1 point plus fine. but if you didn't get a point taken it may just be a fine. just like you cannot have any neon's on wile driving as it dazzling drivers or white lights to the rear unless you are reversing, as white signifys the direction you are moving.

same as you cannot have blue lights facing rear either not as bad but still get same fine as on front i believe. other things like if a cop knows you cannot have canard's (well in qld you cant) they cut up legs if you hit someone apparently. and your spoiler can be no wider then the outermost part of your cars body. and you cannot have side positon lights unless you are a truck or good's transport vehicle. there is lots of stupid rules to do with lights, and many other with car parts. and most car upgrades are perfectally legal so if a cop pulls you over for illegal mods msot of them are actually legal, (check your state mods rules first tho as some places certain things are)

anyway back on topic in qld they are legal wile parked and colour is any.

but if you get something like more forward lights that are white and come on with headlights they are ok as they are a headlight assist lights, and are legal.(dont confuse with fog lights) anything like the led strips under headlamps are legal or led strips in the grill if white and facing forward are legal.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Graham wrote:1 demerit for coloured parkers? I think that cop is telling you porkies.. I doubt it would even be a fine, just a defect notice.

my dad knows the chief of police around where i live and ive been told that every defect is one point as well as money
2009 Mitsubishi lancer es sportsback

MODS:
- 17" black and silver rims
- Tinting
- PIONEER AVH-P4150DVD 7" MONITOR DVD Player
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" Component Speakers RE-CM650
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" 3 Way Speakers
RE-FR6530

08VET
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 08VET » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:26 pm

ronald_mc_91 wrote:
Graham wrote:1 demerit for coloured parkers? I think that cop is telling you porkies.. I doubt it would even be a fine, just a defect notice.

my dad knows the chief of police around where i live and ive been told that every defect is one point as well as money

Does he happen to be that really old dude?

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 pm

It could differ state to state, but in WA you cannot lose a demerit for any modifications your car has.

$100 fine per bald tyre or a yellow sticker is it as far as I'm aware and I've never heard any cases otherwise

Demerit points should be for DRIVING offences not for cops to hand out willy nilly for silly reasons like green parkers or an air filter not enclosed properly
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

08VET wrote:Does he happen to be that really old dude?

which old dude are you talking about? he actually knows a few eg. canungra, beaudesert, jmboomba, rathdowney, beenleigh (my dad owns his own tow truck business)

i agree with graham its total bs they give out points i rekon first it should be a warning then you get caught again then just a fine
2009 Mitsubishi lancer es sportsback

MODS:

- 17" black and silver rims

- Tinting

- PIONEER AVH-P4150DVD 7" MONITOR DVD Player

- Fusion Reactor 6.5" Component Speakers RE-CM650

- Fusion Reactor 6.5" 3 Way Speakers

RE-FR6530

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm

ronald_mc_91 wrote:

thats not true it depends on what defect it is. iv look at every fine that is applicable for cars and roads and not everything is a point. alot arent mentioned at all so you cant lost a point really.

Return to “Lighting”