***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

what brand of HID shall i get?

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 pm

For Phillips, the 4000K ones are the Blue Vision which is ADR approved. Similar to the Narva Artic Blue which is also 4000K.

DJBOOBY
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby DJBOOBY » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:20 pm

some thing i found on another site
1. The CJ Lancer’s light-set up here in Australia isn’t made for HID projectors. The box an covers won’t take the heat. Furthermore, the cost was prohibitive (>A$1K). Even with a HID kit, some changes to the set-up would have to be made. The kits themselves don’t come cheap at ~ A$400/- and they don’t work nor look as good as HID projectors. So the HID option has been priced out. Though if you want to see one implemented in a 2008 Lancer, look here.
2. For the halogen bulbs, only 1 brand was commercially available here – Philips. Their very white light offered 2 options: a) A 5000K Diamond Visions and b) 4300K Crystal Visions. Crystal Visions were chosen above the Diamond Visions due to their better lumens over distance but as the Stern articles mentioned, you can’t have one and still have your cake… . I sold off the Crystal Visions after a day.
3. From posts on HID forums, the best super whites are reported to be the Japanese made PIAA Super Whites. Stock bulbs have a color temperature of about 3200K whilst the onset of white light begins at 4100K. These are reported to work at 4300K. Alas though, being only available on eBay from an international sales person, the delivery costs proved prohibitive. Still would give these a try.

In the end the choice was Autoexpress.co.uk’s 2007 accessory of the year : The Philips X-Treme Power Automotive bulb:

http://ml686688.wordpress.com/category/mods/

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:05 am

my 6000k HID arrived yesterday in the mail :)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:42 pm

That site belongs to a certain member on this site. One who is very wise and knowledgeable.

gabe74gt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby gabe74gt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:10 pm

My uncle recently got from ProStreetLighting. They are looking awesome especially during night driving. I love those HIDs.
gabe74gt

t0omas
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby t0omas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 pm

if u havn't bought any yet, ddmtuning.com sells HID kits with ballasts for $29.95

Great price, i live in manitoba, flat and long highways, and i drive at night all the time i have only been high beamed 3 times since i have gotten them, maybe 200 hours on the dark highway.

35 watt 6000k HID

(Im not saying u should buy them, but if u do, this is a great price)

Return to “Lighting”