***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

**CLOSED** The X-Factordesign.com Design Comp - final 5

ClubCJ Prize Cupboard! Enter to Win Free Stuff! for Your Lancer.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

**CLOSED** The X-Factordesign.com Design Comp - final 5

Postby Ozie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 am

Due to the Awesome level of entries and the fact that we have so many great ideas,
X-Factor have requested that we place the top 5 entries into a final 5 so we can get them to re-submit their ideas.

We would like the 5 finalist to:

*Resubmit their proposal with a comprehensive description here in this post.
*Draft up 3 Segmented Images in Photoshop or similar with detailed descriptions.
*Any of the 5 finalist can get help from other members with their designs if need be.
* The deadline for these final submissions will be in 1 week time on 10th of December 2009.

The Finalist Are:

1) BeHaV3 : Reverse Camera, inside the clear perspex of the rear lights.

2) Blakey : Retractable spoiler.

3) drake89 : Twin Wings.

4) bd-850 : LED style Tail Lights(Sportback).

5) Krispy : Replacement Upper and Lower Grill.

We would please ask all finalists to make their final proposal as good and as professional as they possibly can.
X-Factordesign needs a proper proposal to go ahead with the concept, and to turn the Fantasy into a reality.
Once we have all the resubmitted entries we will announce the Winner on the 11th of December 2009.

Cheers & good luck to the final 5.
Last edited by Ozie on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

ANDROS
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ANDROS » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 am

thought this was a competition for NEW ideas. . .

guess not!

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

Submission: Finalist 5 Krispy

Replacement aftermarket Upper and Lower Grill for Mitsubishi CJ Lancers (All models excluding RA).

Concept Rationale:

For some time people have considered altering their front grill… But the problem lies in removing without destroying the stock grill. If only there was after market part that would allow customers to remove the upper and lower grill and replace with a completely new unit.

Growing popularity from Lancer enthusiasts’ to personalise and emphasise the already aggressive front grill on their vehicles. Things like rear mounted Neon lights and strip mounted Led’s to custom sports mesh materials.

Currently there is not a cost effective way to alter stock grill other than removing it and painting or attaching other material to the existing grill. Or second to that paying OEM prices for a replacement that’s still not personalised enough for most people.

Product Features:

• 4 mesh colours available (Silver, Black, Red and Blue).
• Standard colour coded matching shroud colours available (Also a chrome alternative - similar to the Aspire grill).
• Simple holes or mounting areas for customers to attach neon’s or similar lights without screwing into body / bumper work.

Example of the sports mesh that can be inserted into the grill surrounds

Benefits:

For the customer:
• Easy to fit 2 piece kits that can fit with ease to replace the OEM upper and lower grill.
• Add that personal touch to your ride by choosing your grill surround and mesh colour.
• Buyers will be able to keep original parts if they choose to revert back to stock without destroying their bumper in the event of sale or decision to go back to OEM grill.

For the supplier:
• Mass producible product with the correct equipment
• Only 2 parts required for production (the upper and lower grill surrounds)
• Once produced parts would only need to be sprayed (as with current spoilers sold) and have sports mesh applied (in customers colour)
• Alternative / compliment products that could be ranged include
- colour matched spotlight surrounds
- colour matched spotlight surrounds with sports mesh
- bumper caps (to cover existing number plate holes) in chrome or black out (Vinyl application alternative)
• With these products carrying a fairly small footprint (freight size) these would be fairly cheap to send to customers (increasing margin / profit on each item)
• There is NO alternative to this product… having a unique product increases differentiation with competitors

Above is an example of the upper and lower grill surrounds (before painting). These are the main parts of the product, all that would remain would be to attach the specific colour of sports mesh.

I'm no photoshop pro but hopefully this picture gives a better visual representation of Shadow's questions on final product and how the grills are mounted.
Last edited by Paggsy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm

LED style Tail Lights already exist. Ofey sells them.
Isn't this comp about designing something that you can't buy from anyone already and doesn't exist yet.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I think bd-850's entry was for the sportback not the sedan.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

ok ill get mine done soon

also the led tails there are none at all in know production for the sportsback that is what his original entry was for.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Aspired wrote:LED style Tail Lights already exist. Ofey sells them.
Isn't this comp about designing something that you can't buy from anyone already and doesn't exist yet.

* Aspired i forgot to add that they are for the Sportback.
All new concepts.

sorry for the confusion.

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey Ozie, if people get their ideas in early can the dates be brought forward? I mean there wasn't reallyany hint on requiring better images or greater detail. Personally I don't think it should take 2 weeks to explain an idea. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a who has the best pic comp :D

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm

ok i agree Krispy and i think under the circumstances we can make it 1 week.
i will amend it as of now.

1 week to get your final submissions in.

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:02 am

Hi Brothers & Sisters, to clear all the doubt that why we need to have this final competition. simply because I and brother Ozie can’t made our final decision to select the winner within 1 these five entries. base on their individual description, each entries have it own advantage. But unfortunately all five contestants can’t submit impressive picture to impress us. it may because the lack of knowledge of application photoshop software. If this is the case and to make sure the club is fair to all the contestants, we decide to re-invite this 5 contestant to re-do a proper entries and submit here for all members to revaluate their entries. and we are giving them sufficient times to prepare.

At the same time, we also invite all club members to contribute their valuable expertise to judge which entries should be the final winner. During the judgment members are allow to question or discuss anything related to their entries with these 5 contestant or among themselves.

Announcement

Additional consolation prize will be giving away for No:2-5 contestants.
Fog Lamp Chrome Ring Cover for each contestant

Personally I would also like to invite 5 club moderators to volunteer as a judge.
complimentary fog lamp chrome ring cover will be given to the 5 judge each per-set.
Volunteer, please submit your name to Ozie.

1) BeHaV3 : Reverse Camera, inside the clear perspex of the rear lights.
As far as I know, though there are already a lot of aftermarket made reverse cameral ready on the market, but so far there are no cameral sensor that can nicely conceal and invisible. in fact even cars manufacturer also don’t build cameral sensor conceal inside the real tail light. Great ideas Well done !!!
But I am so curious to know, how Brother BeHaV3 think his ideas can work in term of the high of tail light, position of the cameral sensor angel, (Please note that so far the widest angel of the cameral sensor lend is 135 degree.) what kind of cameral sensor should apply, how can this cameral sensor capture the full rear view image since the cameral only conceal at one side of the tail light etc. So I think if Brother BeHaV3 can provide further illustrate about his ideas, , will help us to made final decision.

2) Blakey : Retractable spoiler.
This is another proposal which I think quite interesting coz So far as what I know only super cars equip with retractable spoiler. In term of my business point of view, if the development cost, appearance design, mechanical control systems plus if it is not difficult hook on. It should be a very good selling products. So if brother Blakey can provide us more information on the above question plus included a image view will very much help us to made final decision.

3) drake89 : Twin Wings.
So far as what I know, not much cars model are equip with twin wings. And the only cars model I can think off, is 2008 Mitsubishi Galant Fortis & citroen C4 VTS. (Please note that the chassis of Galant Fortis is the same as CJ Lancer ) seriously, the attention come to me is not the ideas, but the draft that brother drake89 posted on his entries. From the draft It look nice and fit well on the boot also it enhance the look from the rear. Practically the fin is a additional help to divert the air flow direction. (Spoil the air flow to meet contact at the end point of the car) but my enquiry here Is that, can brother drake89 submit some very impressive picture in difference view ?

4) bd-850 : LED style Tail Lights(Sportback).

Well LED style tail, front light is now a trend for most of the cars model. Since we are looking for future mods, is doesn’t matter whether who is selling or the similar product already exist in the market. in business point of view, dose the design appearance look advance, type of LED use, how is the LED pattern arrangement, can the new shape design tail light housing break the ordinary look of the lancer rear view and made it look more impressive ? I think this is important. I believe brother bd-850 can submit some very impressive picture.

5) Krispy : Replacement Upper and Lower Grill.
Brother Krispy had submit a very impressive proposal. But I think if he can submit some better vision picture to show how is the final appearance after the mesh grille fit into the Lancer will give us a better knowledge.

Last, sorry for my bad English.
Image[flash width=600 height=200 loop=false]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/X-Factordesign/E-MailBanner.swf[/flash]

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 am

Ozie wrote:ok i agree Krispy and i think under the circumstances we can make it 1 week.
i will amend it as of now.

1 week to get your final submissions in.

Sorry brother, i believe those contestant already got their ideas, but what they needs is to have someone to help them draft out a proper image. so to be fair we should giving them sufficient times to look around for some help. :lol: :lol:
Image[flash width=600 height=200 loop=false]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/X-Factordesign/E-MailBanner.swf[/flash]

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:38 am

Sorry to sound negative, But it sounds like shadows wants a product handed to him on a silver platter.

He will be the manufacturer, it is his business that will profit from the product and it is his business that needs to work out the nitty gritty details of the product.

All that the guys here can do is make suggestions on what product they will like to see on the market.
Its up to the manufacturer to work out how to make the product and work out how feasible it is to produce, then once that is done, they will have their winning idea.

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 am

Agree Aspired... Round 1 entries were CONCEPTUAL but it seems this 2nd round is DEVELOPMENT. I'm happy to try and provide some better pictures but theres the simple fact I dont work in a design studio, I'm an ideas man not the photoshop genius :( so unless your willing to accept pictures off other cars to help explain what I think is a pretty clear idea then im all out of luck (personally I dont think its fair of me to expect someone else to draft up pics for me).

Oh yeah... and another 5 judges? theres more judges than applicants now? and at the end of the day its still going to be your decision Brother Shadows... you are the one with the industry knowledge.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 am

Aspired wrote:Sorry to sound negative, But it sounds like shadows wants a product handed to him on a silver platter... .

I think that was a little uncalled for.

Though Shadows put in another round, he has offered prizes for this extra round. This shows that he doesn't want something for nothing. He could well have shut off the comp here and now but has offered more for the participants to let their creativity shine through!

There is a lot more to designing and manufacturing a product than simply just this small proposals. Shadows will still need his crew to come up with engineering drawings and tooling specifications. Not a "silver platter" by any stretch of the imagination.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Aspired wrote:Sorry to sound negative, But it sounds like shadows wants a product handed to him on a silver platter.

He will be the manufacturer, it is his business that will profit from the product and it is his business that needs to work out the nitty gritty details of the product.

All that the guys here can do is make suggestions on what product they will like to see on the market.
Its up to the manufacturer to work out how to make the product and work out how feasible it is to produce, then once that is done, they will have their winning idea.

Krispy wrote:Agree Aspired... Round 1 entries were CONCEPTUAL but it seems this 2nd round is DEVELOPMENT. I'm happy to try and provide some better pictures but theres the simple fact I dont work in a design studio, I'm an ideas man not the photoshop genius :( so unless your willing to accept pictures off other cars to help explain what I think is a pretty clear idea then im all out of luck (personally I dont think its fair of me to expect someone else to draft up pics for me).

Oh yeah... and another 5 judges? theres more judges than applicants now? and at the end of the day its still going to be your decision Brother Shadows... you are the one with the industry knowledge.

Very frankly speaking

1) X-Factor design don't lack of any creativity ideas or hungry for design concept. :lol: :lol:

2) As a sponsor, X-Factor has no intention or take advanctage, or make use of this competiton to collect products development ideas. and you will never have a chance to see these offer from x-factor.

3) When i mention the word "from my Business point of view", doesn't meant i will or intertested to turned these entries into commercialize.

4) As a sponsor of this competition, i am neutral. in fact so far for all the competition that i had sponsor, i don't made much decision.

5) Last, if some one here though that the prize i sponsor for the competition is just a cloak of my evil intention. than i have to say sorry this will be my last club sponsor.

Thanks

Return to “Competitions”