***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Movember Comp

ClubCJ Prize Cupboard! Enter to Win Free Stuff! for Your Lancer.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Movember Comp

Postby bd-850 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 am

Grow a Mo for Movember.

Rules:
Post a photo up of you on November 1st with a clean shaven face. Then post a photo up of your Mo on November 30th.

Then there will be a Poll to pick the best Mo.

just some info about Movember
Movember is an annual, month-long celebration of the moustache, highlighting men’s health issues, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men.

Mo Bros, supported by their Mo Sistas, start Movember (November 1st) clean shaven and then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache. During Movember, each Mo Bro effectively becomes a walking billboard for men’s health and, via their Mo, raises essential funds and awareness for Movember’s men’s health partners – The Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue – the national depression initiative. At the end of Movember, a series of Gala Partés are held to thank Mo Bros and Sistas for their support and fund raising efforts.

The idea for Movember came about in 2003 when a few mates were having a beer in a small bar in Fitzroy, Melbourne. Inspired by the women’s health movement, it was recognized that men were lacking a way to engage and actively involve themselves in their own health. During a conversation about fashion and past trends, the idea came up to bring the moustache back for one month, and in doing so, have some fun, raise a small amount of money and hopefully encourage men to talk about their health with each other.

Since this time, Movember has continued to grow each year, both in terms of participation numbers and funds raised. In its first year, 30 Mo Bros took part in Movember and last year, in Australia alone, 125,000 Mo Bro & Sistas got on board, raising more than $8million for each of Movember’s men’s health partners
Last edited by bd-850 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:54 am

Hey mate... not to sound rude... but the idea of Mo'vember is not to win a $50 fuel voucher for yourself (although I kind of get where your coming from - in terms of creating awareness).

It's to raise badly needed funds and promote Prostate Cancer Research and to Beyond Blue.

Might I suggest donating that $50 to the cause or possibly the Team that I've got going? More than happy for people to participate post a pic or email me to join the team... lets just do it for the right reasons :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 am

yeah your right.

lets just do it for awareness and some clubcj fun

Return to “Competitions”