***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Knowing about the Evo X Spoiler

ClubCJ Prize Cupboard! Enter to Win Free Stuff! for Your Lancer.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Knowing about the Evo X Spoiler

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:12 am

Since we have a competiton to "Win a Evo X Spoiler" it is still on the run, So its time for members and contestants to find out here, by end of the competition the quality of the spoiler the winner will be awarded. but before i expose everything and information, i first have to challenge your knowledge.

Unfortunately, i guess most membes here have only heard about the evo x spoiler and seen it somewhere from the picture or somewhere..... but my question here is that? do you guys know about the inside structure, how many pieces or parts there are inside, to form up the spoiler and what kind material used and production methods?

I guess no one know about it. :lol: :lol: HA!!!HA!!!HA!!!HA!!!HA!!!HA

Anyway, Guys just tell what you know about it, any part about it. i will reward you the a set of windows visor, if you score the highest points.

Any Challenger ???

Aussie Warrior ???

American Heroes ???

Canadian Fighter ???

Country Other ???

Tank !!!! Tank !!!!! 1st Round
Last edited by Shadows on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image[flash width=600 height=200 loop=false]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/X-Factordesign/E-MailBanner.swf[/flash]

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:06 am

hrm the base frame is made out of aluminum, and it uses a twisted-section wing panel with different attack angles at its ends and in the center portion to match the airflow over the body surface. hrmm thats all i can find out. but isnt there some sort of platic on the bottome of it that is flat black?

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 pm

nickbutterz wrote:hrm the base frame is made out of aluminum, and it uses a twisted-section wing panel with different attack angles at its ends and in the center portion to match the airflow over the body surface. hrmm thats all i can find out. but isnt there some sort of platic on the bottome of it that is flat black?

:D :D Aluminium yes~. but what kind of aluminium ? 0.5point

:D :D No twisted-section wing panel and no different attck angle. !! o.point

:D :D yes that plastic on the botto are not so common use in automotive. is black but not flat finishing. 0.5point

:P :P so........ total you only have........ 1 point
Image[flash width=600 height=200 loop=false]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/X-Factordesign/E-MailBanner.swf[/flash]

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Mattigins wrote:i know the MR has CF in it...

:D :D Sorry, no CF on it. not even a corner or a edge. 0 point

conclusion below generate by CJ Computer

This person are too lazy to do research. is a lazy boy :lol: :lol:

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:43 pm

American Heroes
~
Nickbutterz 1 point
~
~
Aussie Warrior
~
Ozie 0.5 point
Matt 0.5 point
TheRents 0.5 point
~
~
~
Canadian Fighter
Last edited by Shadows on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 pm

I beg to differ Shadows.
The oversize rear spoiler - standard on the GSR - uses a twisted-section wing panel with different attack angles at its ends and in the center portion to match the airflow over the body surface.

(Sourced from: AutoBlog, which is a QUOTE from the official Mitsubishi Motors Corporation press release) The dfferent attack angles referred to are the raised centre section in comparison to the two side sections. They are clearly visible in the picture in the Giveaway thread.

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:I beg to differ Shadows.
The oversize rear spoiler - standard on the GSR - uses a twisted-section wing panel with different attack angles at its ends and in the center portion to match the airflow over the body surface.

(Sourced from: AutoBlog, which is a QUOTE from the official Mitsubishi Motors Corporation press release) The dfferent attack angles referred to are the raised centre section in comparison to the two side sections. They are clearly visible in the picture in the Giveaway thread.

:lol: :lol: Sorry that is bracket and fitted at both side. and the bracket is not twisted nor panel.

Now another question here, why they need the bracket hold the spoiler at both side? :lol: :lol:

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:45 pm

ImageImage
Different attack angles are circled in green (for attack angle one, there are TWO areas on the wing) and black (for the scond attack angle)[/img]

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:46 pm

And it's the press release from MMC that said that, therefore cannot be wrong. Unless you are asking abot YOU'RE replica wing and not the official Evo X one? Or are they the same, you being a level 2 supplier and all.

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:ImageImage
Different attack angles are circled in green (for attack angle one, there are TWO areas on the wing) and black (for the scond attack angle)[/img]

Sorry green and black circled is refer to the spoiler surface, and yes if talk about the surface there are 2 difference win tip angle, but nothing related to the bracket inside the fitting. :lol: :lol:

please read carefully on my first topic. i am asking what is inside the spoiler. :lol: :lol:

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Oh well I was referring to the wing panel lol

As for whats inside it - I always thought it was hollow high grade aluminium, attached to the via 3 bolts on either side.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:04 pm

i think its Styrofoam, or expanding foam

Shadows
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Shadows » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 am

Ozie wrote:i think its Styrofoam, or expanding foam

Sorry, there are no styrofoam or expanding foam inside the spoiler. :lol: :lol:

0 Point for ZiZi !! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”