***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NATIONAL MEET heading to melbourne (3rd,4th,5th december)

Join In On Cruises, Meets, Events & Car Shows.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:48 pm

How thoughtful of you Ben.
However he would probably decline your offer.

PS: hope you get your mirrors sorted without to much trouble.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 pm

well i did give Ofey a Mrs Mac Pie wrapper :P

i wish i could say they worked Sam, but i cant :( Im going to visit my dad on the weekend so hopefully we can work it out

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm

SpecB wrote:Yeah it was this, from what I over heard on the radio (managed to sneak in on your channel as well) & at Marysville the exhaust had come loose close to the front of the car or something.

Sorry for not hanging around to see where you guys all went, but we figured with all of that traffic in Marysville with that cycling event (what was that exactly?) and that you would probably be sitting trying to fix that guys car for 30 minutes, so myself and friend in the supra decided to head back home instead of going our original route through Reefton.

It was actually blind luck that we picked up one of your members on our way home, originally we were headed back the way we had come, but friend in Supra recommended we head the Buxton route to get back towards Healsville so we did a 180 and managed to pick up the white CF car, which ended up being great because we had next to zero traffic for 20 minutes on some very straight roads. I dare not say how fast the 3 of us went :oops:

Was pure luck. We were all getting ready to head off, the NSW guys were heading back to Melbourne and the rest of us were going to head into Kinglake. My car was parked around the other side of that building were you and your friend were parked so went to head off. You guys werent there so reversed back to see who else was still there and all the NSW guys were still there. Saw the two of you coming down so thought we all going now so I stayed with the Supra and the Liberty.

Never been on those roads before. Usually when I go up to those areas I head out to Warburton/Mt Donna Buang so it was great drive except for getting stuck in the traffic outside of Healsville. When you guys hoped off the main road I thought it was to get around the traffic :lol:

Did you both like the drive?

SpecB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SpecB » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm

tjoz wrote:Did you both like the drive?

Loved the whole day, was great to come across a car club on the way! Although I mostly enjoyed the drive from what I took this morning to get to Kinglake, have a pretty special set of roads with a lot of corners and a whole lot less of police :P

Us Liberty folk could show you guys a thing or two about roads down that way :wink:
Especially looking at your proposed Mt. Dandenong route in the thread, yuck!

Maybe we could bridge the gap between Subaru and Mitsubishi and get a joint Melb cruise going some day, who knows?

And yes that Healesville traffic was horrendous, but it all worked out in the end I guess. You must have really hit some serious speed to catch up to us after we took that side road out of coldstream, all of a sudden I spotted you way back in the rear view mirror. When I said to my friends in the Supra to 'slow down to let him catch up' he said "what do you mean, we are right behind you?" I had to point them to their rear view mirror so they could see you coming up from behind, we hadn't seen you for a good 10 minutes.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:30 pm

SpecB wrote:
tjoz wrote:Did you both like the drive?

Loved the whole day, was great to come across a car club on the way! Although I mostly enjoyed the drive from what I took this morning to get to Kinglake, have a pretty special set of roads with a lot of corners and a whole lot less of police :P

Us Liberty folk could show you guys a thing or two about roads down that way :wink:
Especially looking at your proposed Mt. Dandenong route in the thread, yuck!

Maybe we could bridge the gap between Subaru and Mitsubishi and get a joint Melb cruise going some day, who knows?

And yes that Healesville traffic was horrendous, but it all worked out in the end I guess. You must have really hit some serious speed to catch up to us after we took that side road out of coldstream, all of a sudden I spotted you way back in the rear view mirror. When I said to my friends in the Supra to 'slow down to let him catch up' he said "what do you mean, we are right behind you?" I had to point them to their rear view mirror so they could see you coming up from behind, we hadn't seen you for a good 10 minutes.

There were two lots of traffic, the set heading in to Healsville and that other one where it was just pure crap for around 10mins of going between 0-20k. The last 2 sets set of lights we had is where we got seperated. I let that yellow car in (Holden or Ford whatever it was) and the lights went to red. The thing took its time then I got caught at the next set of lights. After that the cars in front were going at at 60-70 in the 100 zone so when the overtaking lane came up I took it :lol:

I make up time in turns; my car not that good in straights but in turns is where I can catch up to people. I take my car up to the mountains often and have got use to making ground in the turns.

Have you gone up to Mt Baw Baw? I went there a couple weeks back and had steam coming off the front brakes when got up to the summit :lol: . I like heading from Lake Mountain-Warburton/Seville. Its a good mix of fast turns and then very tight ones and hardly no traffic at all. Earlier in the year found another road out that way and its loose gravel in the first bit but once you cross over the little bridge its all single lane for about 20mins. Each time went back to that area could never find it again.

I would like to do cruise with Subaru, might make me turn up to more meets as today was my second one but first proper meet.

SpecB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SpecB » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:50 pm

tjoz wrote:There were two lots of traffic, the set heading in to Healsville and that other one where it was just pure crap for around 10mins of going between 0-20k. The last 2 sets set of lights we had is where we got seperated. I let that yellow car in (Holden or Ford whatever it was) and the lights went to red. The thing took its time then I got caught at the next set of lights. After that the cars in front were going at at 60-70 in the 100 zone so when the overtaking lane came up I took it :lol:

I make up time in turns; my car not that good in straights but in turns is where I can catch up to people. I take my car up to the mountains often and have got use to making ground in the turns.

Have you gone up to Mt Baw Baw? I went there a couple weeks back and had steam coming off the front brakes when got up to the summit :lol: . I like heading from Lake Mountain-Warburton/Seville. Its a good mix of fast turns and then very tight ones and hardly no traffic at all. Earlier in the year found another road out that way and its loose gravel in the first bit but once you cross over the little bridge its all single lane for about 20mins. Each time went back to that area could never find it again.

I would like to do cruise with Subaru, might make me turn up to more meets as today was my second one but first proper meet.

Yeah I was trying to help you out with that 4WD through the spur as best as I could, but that guy really didn't want to let you pass for some reason.
On the 2 straights that had no traffic I tried to go real slow then gun it to leave a huge gap between myself and the 4WD so you could get in between us, but after the first time he caught on and purposely wouldn't let that technique be effective. Hate people that block just because they want to piss people off.

As for Baw Baw that was our next proposed cruise, but we have postponed our cruise until after Christmas as everyone is a little cruised out after 2 huge cruises in 3 months.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

OHH YEA!!!!

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Pure GOLD !!!!!

*clap2*

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 pm

glad to see you boys had a great time looking forward to meeting you guys again very soon

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:24 am

AJjnr86 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMz_wVdQAw8

enjoy

ORSM. LOLz.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 am

nice work AJ. :)
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Preston Motors Mitsubishi ( PMR ) Will like to thank all the Club CJ members that travelled from all parts of australia for the PMR/ ClubCJ lancer open day at our dealership. We had a fantastic turn out and such a great variety of Lancers. Well done guys your cars look great.

Hope we can do again. :-)
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Looking forward to a big Opening Day when PMR opens their new dealership in Sydney, hopefully next year.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:52 pm

SAM-24A wrote:Looking forward to a big Opening Day when PMR opens their new dealership in Sydney, hopefully next year.

Sam.

Ahhh Sam - always after a free feed ..... :twisted:

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:50 am

woohoo, what a blast :)

5000k`s and still the same rear bar too.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “Interstate ClubCJ Cruises, Meets & Events”