***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Merlin tune day Brisbane

Join In On Cruises, Meets, Events & Car Shows.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

WadesVRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Merlin tune day Brisbane

Postby WadesVRX » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 am

Tune location will be held at 144 Eagle Farm Rd
Pinkenba, Queensland, Australia 4008
Flight Instructor

Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dannn » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks for the tune David and nice to meet you too Wade. The car is so much more responsive!
Merlinised

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Peterkite82 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks David for everything today i also did exactly what you said when i got home and my car is so much better now :)

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:33 pm

A huge thank you shout to Wade for organizing the weekends tuning session.
It was very successful from my point of view and I feel pleased to have been able to help fellow Lancer enthusiasts.

Some cars needed a little help where the drivers had fallen victim to advertising hype.
I have to say the standout leader was in fact Wades VRX, which continues to amaze me with its performance with modest but VERY effective mod list. I swear the car (Mr Shiney) is not much behind a stock Ralliart and it looks a treat as well.

Corey's 4B11 came up with very good engine figures, as did Craig's 4B12 and he assures me it was even better after he got home and did a little remedial re-working of his intake setup (ie put the stock airbox back in LOL).

Some clear tuning tips to reiterate here:

Stock airbox + Ralliart snorkle + stock/TOG/COSWORTH filter + intake scoop mod is the winning formula.

Supercircuit headers + 200 cell CAT for the win.

And a tune of course.

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 pm

and running a metal blow off valve for my RA haha

need to find one now. shouldnt be too hard though

CoreyB
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CoreyB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks Dave, really appreciate your trip up to Brisbane :D Car feels so much better now I still cant believe how of a difference it has made. Already registered for the next QR street sprint day, just have to do the intake mod before I hit the track. I'll let you know how I go.

Also thanks for the advice you have given me, definitly taken onboard.

Cheers,
Corey

WadesVRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby WadesVRX » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:37 pm

A big thank you to David for taking your time to come up to Brisbane to tune our fellow lancer enthusiasts cars. Over all the weekend was a winner with all the lancers came out with great results. Even with the lancers that had the wrong intake set up. And I'm sure they guys are planning to fix that issue.

My self I like to say a big thank you David for doing some more tweeking to ( MR Shiney) I can defiantly feel a huge difference once again. I sure did had fun driving back to Bundaberg.

thank you to the guys that come out and had there CJs tuned with David im use you all had fun and enjoyed the tune weekend. I'm very pleased to have organised the weekends tuning session.

I can also agree with David about the basic mods list. Stock airbox + Ralliart snorkle + stock/TOG/COSWORTH filter + intake scoop mod is the winning formula.

Over all a good successful tune weekend
Flight Instructor

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 pm

mostly successful now.

you know how my RA looked like it had a flat battery when i went to leave yesterday? well it was actually the starter motor. its sitting in the carpark at my girlfriends work tonight because i couldnt get it going after and hour and a half of playing.

oh well have to knock off work early tomorrow to go fix it. fingers crossed it isnt raining buckets.

Thanks for everything Dave. car goes great now.

COO86L
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby COO86L » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:06 pm

Good to see you again Dave. Drove the lancer today for a change after the big day in the 86. I still love how good it feels compared to stock :)

Was interesting to see the effects of the aftermarket intake and how it made performance WORSE rather than better! I'm glad to see if felt better after it was removed and hopefully you can sell it to someone who wants a fully sick intake regardless of performance :)

And it was nice to meet you Wade! Loved the car too

Return to “Interstate ClubCJ Cruises, Meets & Events”